• 1 Post By HKNumberOne
  • 1 Post By East_coast
  • 1 Post By HKNumberOne
  • 2 Post By Rob2020

Concrete Dust in Central

Closed Thread

Concrete Dust in Central

RANT!
    it was HORRIBLE in Central today at lunchtime, over near The Gap store, there was a guy sawing stone pavers, the concrete dust in the air was disgusting... can't believe they're allowed to do that.

dear giant likes this.

They are idiots, selfish and stupid here. As Thebirt mentioned, they should squirt water and so on regularly to gongeal the dust and attract it to the liquid. Really these HK workers have no care even for their own lunges or throats to breathe it in, let along their hearing as I bet they wear not any ear muffers. HK has much to learn about piolitness and consideration from Japan.

TheBrit and dear giant like this.

I don't think it's the workers fault. More so poor health and safety management. Not so sure about local authorities here but major contractors enforce this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    RANT!
    it was HORRIBLE in Central today at lunchtime, over near The Gap store, there was a guy sawing stone pavers, the concrete dust in the air was disgusting... can't believe they're allowed to do that.
    You really don't want to breathe that stuff. When pulverized to that level, silica which is used to bond cement is released into the air.
    dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HKNumberOne:
    You really don't want to breathe that stuff. When pulverized to that level, silica which is used to bond cement is released into the air.
    hence the rant.......

I should have used my Android App to report them.. dammit didn't think of it at the time, my priority was to escape the toxic cloud
    dear giant and chateau like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    hence the rant.......

I should have used my Android App to report them.. dammit didn't think of it at the time, my priority was to escape the toxic cloud
    Silica dust during the collaspe of the WTC in New York was and remains a major concern. It's some serious stuff to be avoided.
    Last edited by HKNumberOne; 03-07-2012 at 10:23 PM. Reason: more specific
    dear giant likes this.