Like Tree115Likes

Random acts of kindness

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Today my car battery was dead flat. Walked a couple of Km's to the nearest place with garages. Popped into the first one. Asked the guy if he spoke English. He said no.

Showed him a picture of some jump leads and asked him if he had any to sell. He said no but he could lend me an old pair and bring them back when I was done. Offered my mobile number so he could track me down but he said no need just bring them back when you're done.

UK/HKboy likes this.

Was sat on the bus tonight and at one stop a howling toddler got on. He sat on the seat diagonally opposite me and his mother with 2 bags of shopping, a handbag and a baby in a sling sat next to me.

The toddler was still making a noise and then.....

The 4-5 strangers around the boy started talking to him as if he was a grown up telling him his mum has enough to cope with and he better put his seat belt on. The old man next to him helped him on with his seat belt and continued to chat to him saying he looked tired and should have a nap. The old lady on the other side reached and gave him a tissue. After a few minutes the toddler was a sleep with the old man holding his hand up as a pillow.

I would argue if you need help Hong Kong does not suffer from a shortage of kindness.

jgl and GeoTommy like this.

Outside 7-11 Shop in the early hours of this morning.

Old women bent over with trolley crushing and loading cardboard boxes. 7-11 shop assistant comes out with basket filled with food items and places it next to her.

My assumption: the food items were at their sell by date and rather than throwing them out (the easy option), the shop assistant was giving them to someone who needs them.

A couple of minutes walk down the road - a calculated act of unkindness.

Kimberley Street Immigration Offices.
    The narrow entrance to these offices used to be open and provided some shelter - in the early hours of the morning I would regularly see people sat on the floor there. I don't think they ever did any harm. In the last week a metal barrier has been placed along the entrance meaning that people can no-longer sit there.

shri and R.O. like this.

My assumption: the food items were at their sell by date and rather than throwing them out (the easy option), the shop assistant was giving them to someone who needs them.
    I have seen this at another 7-11 near where I work. I am not sure now if the franchise owners have given the shop attendants discretion to give away the food, rather than dump it. I suspect they legally cannot give the food away after it has been marked as unsellable, but would be nice if a wink and nudge message has been passed along.
    drumbrake likes this.

Kindness: Left my wallet at a car dealership once, glad they located it and return it to me.

Unkindness: The gate from the Disney hotels to the waterfront promenade is now locked. You cannot access it unless you got the key. Bummer.

Coolboy likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7