Christmas Stories

Closed Thread

Christmas Stories

Just wondering if anyone would care to share their best Christmas story? The Christmas season is just around the corner. How about a story concerning your children, or family? Hong Kong celebrates Christmas with lights and decorations. And surprisingly, many Chinese families are Christians. Anyone care to start?

Well, here is my entry for the Christmas Story thread. Hope you enjoy it and it doesn't offend anyone.

The Christmas Star
    By
    WSH

Cindy hurried off to school. The December day was dark and cold. It even looked like it might rain. Cindy did not have a coat or an umbrella. Her book bag was old and worn. Her feet were cold because she did not have good shoes. She walked to school. It was not very far. It was just down the street and up the hill. Cindy waved and smiled at other people. She saw the school bus filled with children. “Some day, I hope I can ride the bus. It will be much nicer, and warm.” she thought.

Across town, Tim was getting ready for school. He put on his clean new uniform, ate his breakfast, and waited for the driver to take him to school. Tim’s family was very rich. They had two helpers and a driver. His father was always at work, and his mother was always busy. Soon the driver came to take Tim to school.

Cindy waited on the street corner for the Walk light. It began to rain a little. “I wish I had an umbrella,” she said.

Just then, the car with Tim drove past. Cindy waved at Tim. Everyone in school called him Tiny Tim, because he was so small for his age.

Tiny Tim saw Cindy, but he did not wave back. “I am rich, but I have no friends,” he thought.

Cindy smiled and went on to school.

That afternoon, Cindy rushed home to clean the house, cook dinner, and take care of her baby sister. Cindy’s mother was sick and could not do much work. And the family was too poor to have a helper. So Cindy became a little mother. After dinner, Cindy played with her baby sister until it was bedtime. Then, she did all her homework. It was very late by the time she got into bed.

Cindy looked through her bedroom window and saw the brightest star she had ever seen. It was brighter than a full moon, or so it seemed. High in the night sky, hanging in the clear cold air, the star winked at Cindy. “What was that?” she said in surprise.
    The star winked again. “Alright,” Cindy said. “Are you a magic star?”

So, Cindy made a wish upon the star. She repeated the wish once more, then fell asleep.

High above the city, snuggled in his warm bed, Tim looked out his bedroom window and saw a bright star. “What is that?” he thought. Just then the star blinked and grew even bigger. Tiny Tim thought the star was talking to him. But before he could think anymore, he fell asleep.

When Tim awoke the next morning, he quickly made a list of things and gave it to his mother.

“What is this”, she asked.

“A Christmas list,” Tim said.

Tim’s mother gave the list to one of the helpers. She told her to go and buy everything.

That evening after school, Tim and the two helpers wrapped the gifts with bright paper and ribbons. Tim found a card and quickly wrote something. He put the card in one of the packages.

When he was finished, he told the driver and helper to take the packages to the address on the card.

The next morning was Christmas Day. There was no school, so Cindy slept a little late. She stayed in bed because it was warm. The house was without heat. And they were so poor, there was no Christmas tree or decorations. Well, except for a few pretty things Cindy had found at school. Still, it did not seem like Christmas at all.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the front door. Cindy jumped out of bed and opened the door, and there she saw all the brightly wrapped packages.

Quickly, Cindy and her mother opened the gifts. There was a warm coat and new slippers for her mother. There were toys and new clothes for her baby sister.

Cindy tore open two large packages with her name on them. Inside was a new school uniform, new shoes, a pretty bright red and yellow umbrella, and even a few books.

Who brought all these wonderful things? Maybe it was Santa Claus? Or maybe it was a good friend. Or could it have been the brightest star? Cindy remembered her wish. It had come true.

Then she saw the card hidden under a box of cookies and candy.

Inside the card, she read this:

When you wish upon a star,
    Makes no difference who you are,
    Anything your heart desires,
    Will come to you.

When your heart is in your dream,
    No request is too extreme,
    When you wish upon a star,
    As dreamers do.

Fate is kind,
    She brings to those who love,
    The sweet fulfillment of,
    Their secret longing. @

Merry Christmas

And it was signed:

Tiny Tim

@ My thanks to Disney for the lyrics "Wish Upon a Star".

My Favorite Christmas Story

Could not resist adding this tonight.

The Christmas Story
    The Bible Chapter St. Luke 2: 1 – 14

And it came to pass in those days, that there was an order from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.

And all the people went to be taxed, every one into his own city.

And a man named Joseph went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judea, into the city of David, which was called Bethlehem. He took with him his espoused wife, who was about to have a baby.

And while they were in Bethlehem, Mary brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them at the inn.

And there were shepherds watching their sheep in the field when an angel appeared.

It was the angel of the Lord. At that moment the glory of the Lord shined all around them; and they were very afraid.

The angel said to them, “Fear not; for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.

And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.”

And suddenly the sky was filled with angels singing and praising God, and saying,

Glory to God in the highest,
    and on earth peace,
    good will toward men.

And a great star lit the sky and stood over the little town of Bethlehem. The shepherds took their sheep and hurried to the manger where the baby Jesus was asleep. And when they saw the babe, they fell down and worshiped Him, because he was God.

And this is why the whole World today celebrates Christmas, the Birthday of Jesus the Christ.

I asked a 9 year old boy if he knew who was born on Christmas day yesterday. He smiled and confidently replied, 'Santa'!

Merry Santamus to you all!