Like Tree51Likes

Still in love w Expats

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Guns can be seen as +ve, -ve as well as neutral. Your choice of adjectives are purely negative at best, nasty and prejudiced at worst (Why do Italian men have mustaches, because they want to look just like momma).

Why dont we call American fat bastards, 1/2 breeds and mongrels. Find a few Injuns and insult their heritage like you do regularly to locals. Chinks and Spicks? Indians that smell up the neighborhood? After all, Reality is reality. It's not necessary to mince words and tiptoe around and include a mile-long disclaimer when you're talking about generally prevailing conditions in the real world.

You're finding new lows; keep digging...
    Indians that smell up the neighbourhood? HC is in fine form today...!

Quote Originally Posted by kmn911:
    are there hate groups in Asia the march around like the KKK, NeoNazis, White Supremacists. And have parades to openly show their hate. And who have been known to kill non-whtes? And hang nooses at the homes of people who are non-white to show they are being watched and are vulnerable?
    Cause that would be bad
    Has someone in this thread been denying that organized hate groups exist in the United States and other Western Countries? If so, then I missed that post.

The same cultural tendencies that make HKers and Mainlanders, when they want to behave aggressively, to generally do so passive aggressively or, to speak plainly, sneakily (e.g. people in Western countries simply walking up to strangers and shooting them vs. people in HK hiding on rooftops and dripping caustic liquids down onto people) mean that the racial bigots here tend to be less brazen than racists in Western countries.

Quote Originally Posted by kmn911:
    are there hate groups in Asia the march around like the KKK, NeoNazis, White Supremacists. And have parades to openly show their hate. And who have been known to kill non-whtes? And hang nooses at the homes of people who are non-white to show they are being watched and are vulnerable?
    Cause that would be bad
    Actually, now that I think of it, do the fascists/right-wingers in Japan count, given what they would like to do in the extremely unlikely event that they were ever given the opportunity?

Then, there's the recent Mainland govt crackdown on "bad foreigners". You're either already aware of that or can Google it yourself.
    Last edited by dear giant; 20-07-2012 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dear giant:

The same cultural tendencies that make HKers and Mainlanders, when they want to behave aggressively, to generally do so passive aggressively or, to speak plainly, sneakily (e.g. people in Western countries simply walking up to strangers and shooting them vs. people in HK hiding on rooftops and dripping caustic liquids down onto people) mean that the racial bigots here tend to be less brazen than racists in Western countries.
    Are u for.real?

Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Yeah yeah, sure you were......lol If there were a Tour de France for back peddling, you just won the right to wear the yellow jersey....
    Actually, i didnt even consider the local girls in my first post. They're seem to be too scared of my tattoos, haircut, and demeanor to even talk to me for the most part....but whatever.

I won something? SWEEEEET!!!
    Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Are u for.real?

Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks Mobile
    Yup, people dripping drain cleaner onto unsuspecting pedestrians wasn't something that I'd ever heard of before moving to HK. Is that a common occurrence in France?

Calligraphy is also a major skill taught as an extra-curricular activity to children here in HK but, in the USA, penmanship is primarily a readability issue (except for an infinitesimally small number of calligraphy fanciers).

There are cultural differences. Some good. Some bad. Some neutral.

Yup, people dripping drain cleaner onto unsuspecting pedestrians wasn't something that I'd ever heard of before moving to HK. Is that a common occurrence in France?
    No but when they do get going in Paris, they definitely know how to set a number of cars alight......

It doesn't happen very often but when it does ......

Name:  119957489_feeed222e0_o.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  399.9 KB
    dear giant likes this.

There are cultural differences. Some good. Some bad. Some neutral.
    Along the years you have detailed quite a lot what you consider the bad ones. I'd be interested to see what you put in the good ones category (seriously, I have no intention to debate or anything, just interested).

Really now gary!

Rofl!! I don't even know what to say to that

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7