Like Tree51Likes

Problems with Watson's Water...

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    I've grown up here drinking boiled tap water.
    That is a lot of effort - just buy an inline UV filter and install it under the sink

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    This isn't to say that I haven't heard horror stories of dodgy water tanks in posh neighbourhoods and helpless/apathetic officials water supplies department even in cases where the matter had allegedly been escalated to the highest levels.
    How many and were they referring to grey water, or potable water?
    Last edited by East_coast; 11-07-2012 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HKNumberOne:
    Sure you can boil water to kill bacteria. Not going to say the heat wont sterilize it. But boiling water filled with toxins ie metals is just going to change the chemical composition of it and will not eliminate it. IMO its a dangerous thing to consume tap water. When choosing bottled water I prefer BonAqua (American) or Evian over Watsons or the local brands. I just think Coca-Cola (BonAqua) anwers to higher standards set in the US and that frame of thinking is ported over here as a matter of corporate responsibility and preseverance of the company's reputational capital. Not saying something is wrong with Watson's but just not as familiar with it.
    Did you ever try reading EVIAN backwards?

In reference to your naivete? Boiling water would remove any volatile gas like chlorine but would not remove non-volatile gases present.

dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HKNumberOne:
    In reference to your naivete? Boiling water would remove any volatile gas like chlorine but would not remove non-volatile gases present.
    Please let me know what non-volatile gases are present in HK drinking water.
    It would be nice if you could do this by linking to some credible reports.

Quote Originally Posted by elle:
    Did you ever try reading EVIAN backwards?
    East_coast likes this.

When it comes to Evian, reality does suck indeed.
    http://www.globaltimes.cn/NEWS/tabid...-scrutiny.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    When it comes to Evian, reality does suck indeed.
    http://www.globaltimes.cn/NEWS/tabid...-scrutiny.aspx
    Ahhh yes, the "Global Times", People's-Daily-run English medium tabloid for commie dupes/stooges. A PRC government agency, unable to maintain even basic health and safety standards for food and beverages in a country that makes Mordor look like Eden, swipes back at Western brands who daren't accuse the PRC govt of lying lest they, trying to turn a buck in a dictatorship with no rule of law or free press, be banned altogether.

Thank you for passing along the good news, comrade. Your 50-cent check is waiting for you at the Liaison Office of the Central People's Government.
    Last edited by dear giant; 11-07-2012 at 03:54 PM. Reason: included HC's post as quote

Quote Originally Posted by dear giant:
    Thank you for passing along the good news, comrade. Your 50-cent check is waiting for you at the Liaison Office of the Central People's Government.
    Thank you. With that I can afford more than a few gallons of fresh water. I doubt you'd be able to afford a single bottle of water with that pittance

I found myself humming an old song after reading DG's initial posts on this thread ,,, yep, America really does do everything before everyone else. This dates from 1967 ...

Tom Lehrer - Pollution - with intro - YouTube

Darn - how do you get the youtube screen to come directly onto the page?? But I commend this little bit of American history to anyone with an interest

Last edited by chingleutsch; 11-07-2012 at 05:41 PM.
    dear giant likes this.

hows crystal Geyser? they've been advertising a lot recently.
    btw can watsons water be used on bonaqua dispensers?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast