Free wireless Internet Access in cafes?

Closed Thread

Free wireless Internet Access in cafes?

are there any cafes in Causeway Bay that have the FREE wireless internet access in Causeway Bay and Central?

I only know Caffe Habitu has that but they seem to have only one outlet.

Go and sit in the McCafe of most McDonalds. IIRC it's 20mins free connection.

I believe all of the Pacific Coffee franchises have them as well. With purchase, of course. I think it's a 15 minute limit or something like that.

The OP asked for "wireless Internet Connection", Star Bucks, and Pacific Coffee, provide free wireless internet for their customers..

I don't think its limited by time, using your own note book. It's timed for 15 minutes on the venue provided internet PC's, not if you bring your note book, unless the rules have changed recently, havent had a coffee in either place for over a year... If it is timed, its not policed, you see many notebook geeks in Starbucks and Pacific Coffee, and they're connected longer than 30 minutes.

Providing you consume a coffee or two, you should be able to get an hour or so free wireless internet time...

Last edited by Skyhook; 22-11-2007 at 01:48 PM.

Kosmo coffee in Central has free wireless internet.

Star Bucks, and Pacific Coffee, provide free wireless internet for their customers
    I think only certain branches must offer this service, I have tried in both places recently (IFC Mall - Pacific, D'Aguilar St - S'bucks) and could not find any free WiFi...

I was at pacific coffee in Wanchai and I could only find paid networks (hot spots for PCCW, Netvigator). Do we request for the password at purchase?

Wi Fi :P

In Tsing Yi Starbucks and Sha Tin Pacific Coffee (I think it was that cafe) they both had Netvigator WiFi. So I typed in my works user name and password thinking how wonderful it was that I could login.

Then it came up on our Internet bill, I forget how much it costs, but it's not free. You use your Netvigator user name and password (not so useful if you're not with their service at home).

Like someone said, some time for free at McDonalds (they have it in Sheung Shui McDonalds which suggests to me they have it in every McDonalds).

I just came back from Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam, free WiFi is everywhere (even my cheap hotel room in a back alley). My wife is in New Zealand and many people there have dial-up still - interesting. And is it Taiwan which has free WiFi all over the city? I am pretty sure this is why the Taiwan brand phones and smart phones are the best with WiFi (like HTC for example).

Pacific coffee and starbucks at Festival walk use to have free internet connectivity, provided by their wireless router, as to the wifi by pccw, that sounds like its a totally seperate thing all together, as PCCW wifi coverage would be in most of the populted area's anyway. And yes that wont be free.

Pacific coffee at the Gold Coast is free, using their internal wireless routered connection.

Thanks, Everyone! Guess I'll just stay home to work instead. I read that Dickson's Bar at Excelsior has that but sitting in a bar with my laptop seems a bit funny.

Yeah. the service at Starbucks and Pacific Coffee are paid. I guess they do not want people staying there for too long. I used to see an European guy in Starbucks/Border's @ London refilling the coffee he prepared himself while sitting there reading 50+ magazines for the whole day. Surely the space in Hk is too precious for people like that.

for people who are in the area of Wanchi, the Caffe Habitu has a branch there which provide the internet access!

There's also a little cafe up in the mid-levels at the junction of Robinson & Seymour which has free wireless access. I often see 2 or 3 people sitting in there with their laptops.