Like Tree6Likes

Problem with T-Shirt Print Company-Need advice

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Problem with T-Shirt Print Company-Need advice

Recently made a purchase of a small order of promotional t-shirts with a print company in North Point (Altitudeshirts). I have dealt with them on numerous occasions before without any problem, so during my most recent order i went into the store and picked up the items without inspecting it. Left Hong Kong immediately for a business trip and return to my office today to start packing up the products for the event this coming weekend, when i realized that the t-shirts have logos that are printed lopsided and not align. I contacted the shop owner immediately and his attitude/customer services was absolutely horrible. I brought the t-shirts to his shop right away to show the problem to him and discuss in person as to how we can resolve this issue. In the end, his argument was that the problem is I (customer) have too much demand. For $59.00 a shirt, I have too much demand and therefore this is what I get for the t-shirts. He kept denying any problem with the t-shirts and ask me instead "Do you think people will come up to you and say oh your shirt is lopsided?" "Why don't you just ask your people to walk side ways instead?" When I am trying to hold the t shirts up to show the problem, i also get accused of intentionally holding the shirts at an angel to make the problems seem worst. So i ask for a ruler and to measure it according to the t-shirt shoulder length and can clearly see that logos are misplaced and misaligned. Then they respond "We don't have ruler or measuring tape." Exactly ten days the purchase the shop refuse to offer a refund, and he refuse to fix the shirts with print error.

I would like to ask if anyone on this forum who may have experience a similar situation before to share their input/advice as to how i can handle or resolve this problem? Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

For 59$ per shirt you really shouldn't expect too much.

1. Is the problem really that big of a problem, or can they be used? If they are usable suck it up and take your business elsewhere next time.
    You may let the shop owner know that you have done business with him in the past (and that you were satisfied) but that you find his attitude unacceptable now and won't give him more business unless he agrees to some compensation or fix the T-shirts. He may not care though.

2. If it's a big problem then how many T-shirts are we talking about, i.e. what is the total cost?

If the total is of significant value (but not exceeding 50k) try the small claims tribunal. And get new T-shirts made somewhere else.

Honestly, $59 a shirt is average for polo shirts printed in low volume.

Unfortunately I assume this is a case where payment was made in full before delivery? Not much you can do. Normal process involves paying a deposit and inspecting before accepting delivery. Keeps the printer honest.

May want to drop the guys over at Brand HK ( BrandHK | Promotional Merchandise and Branded Gifts in Hong Kong ) a note and see if they can get you some replacements quickly. Will cost a lot more...

Last edited by shri; 17-07-2012 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyxwhisky:
    For 59$ per shirt you really shouldn't expect too much.
    That's bullocks, unless it was clearly stated before that the product may have faults for the agreed price.
    shri, pepe77 and dear giant like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Raccon:
    That's bullocks, unless it was clearly stated before that the product may have faults for the agreed price.
    who told you that the products are faulty???? have you spoken with the suppler? have you seen any of the product? I find it quite disturbing that the OP is allowed to post the full company name here without any proof of facts. and this is for me reason enough to close my account here.

bye
    Last edited by Onyxwhisky; 17-07-2012 at 06:12 PM.

Don't forget to email the guys over at [email protected] to close your account.

I'd personally take a rant from someone who has registered a few years ago, over a rant from someone registered a few days ago.

Fiona in HKG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyxwhisky:
    who told you that the products are faulty???? have you spoken with the suppler? have you seen any of the product?
    Obviously my response is based on the assumption that the OP is telling the truth.

I find it quite disturbing that the OP is allowed to post the full company name here without any proof of facts.
    If that's your standard quite a few posts have to be put into the bin. Needless to say a lot of 'proof' can be fabricated, so we can never be 100% certain that things are as claimed, unless we were witness to the entire process (from placing the order to receiving the boxes, unpacking them and going with the OP to the shop in the case at hand). Doesn't sound feasible.

and this is for me reason enough to close my account here.

bye
    bye bye

Thanks for the comments everyone.

I already accepted my lost and taking it as a learning experience, but just wanted to know for future reference as to how someone can protect themselves in similar situation such as this. Regardless of the total purchase order, i think that business owners should be responsible and stand by their products. Its not matter of $59.00 a shirt, but theirs attitudes and how they deal with a customer when a situation arises.

Quote Originally Posted by VincentHK:
    Thanks for the comments everyone.

I already accepted my lost and taking it as a learning experience, but just wanted to know for future reference as to how someone can protect themselves in similar situation such as this. Regardless of the total purchase order, i think that business owners should be responsible and stand by their products. Its not matter of $59.00 a shirt, but theirs attitudes and how they deal with a customer when a situation arises.
    Welcome to Hong Kong.

You need to factor is the loss factor in your prices here. This happens frequently, sadly. But next time always check your stuff and never trust.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile
    dear giant likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast