Office supplies and hand sanitizer

Closed Thread

Office supplies and hand sanitizer

Does anyone know of a good office supply store? I think locally they are called stationary stores. In the US we have Staples or Office Max or Office Depot. I have tried looking in bookstores (Dymocks, Swindon) and even a Wellcome Superstore or two, but none of them have a big selection of much. Right now I need some additional staples (the larger size, not the smaller size that are for mini-staplers.)

Also where can I find some good hand sanitizer? We have mainly Purell in the US, plus some generic brands and Softsoap etc..... But I have been to Mannings and all they have is one little tube of something, and then a Wellcome I went to had some generic thing. They all do the same things, but I want to choose from a wide range. Plus the stuff I saw in Wellcome was like more then 6 US dollars (like 48HK) for about a 225ml bottle. I though with SARS and other germ risks in HK, shops would be over flowing with on-the-go personal hand sanitzer gels.

Thanks for answering the two random questions. Happy Halloween.

>> SARS and other germ risks in HK, shops would be over flowing with on-the-go personal hand sanitzer gels

*yawn*

Check Japan home center or PriceRite or a $10 store for the office supplies / misc stuff.

http://www.jusco.com.hk/eng/10_plaza/index.htm

Where abouts are you located? There seem to be a ton of stationary stores all over the place. I'm surprised you cant seem to find one.

In my observation almost all stores are stationary stores. Perhaps what you are looking for is a stationery store?

Have you considered a bar of soap for washing your hands?

Call Frankie Lui at "Leader & Company" he does office supplies and can order stuff that stationary stores don't carry.

Rm 1001, Waga Commercial Building,
    99 Wellington Street, Central

Tel: 2545 7505
    Fax: 2815 5082

He does all our office supplies ...

On another note, soap bars can be pretty contaminated.

there is an art supplies / stationary shop on 2/f or 3/f of the Lockhart centre (301 Lockhart road) and bookazine on 3/f of Prince's Building (opposite the Mandarin Hotel) has a reasonable selection of stationary.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidHK:
    there is an art supplies / stationary shop on 2/f or 3/f of the Lockhart centre (301 Lockhart road) and bookazine on 3/f of Prince's Building (opposite the Mandarin Hotel) has a reasonable selection of stationary.
    Thank you. You are quite helpful. I will check them out soon.

Central/N side of HK island or TST is alright too ---are the best and most conveneient for me.

There is a stationery store on Lock Rd in TST, behind the Hyatt Hotel. They have a large selection of items and can order for you.
    Rani

(BP hope u are happy!)

Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    There is a stationery store on Lock Rd in TST, behind the Hyatt Hotel. They have a large selection of items and can order for you.
    Rani

(BP hope u are happy!)
    I actually popped into this place. Here is the name and address for people's future reference:

Chun Kee Stationary Co. Ltd.
    11 Lock Road
    Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
    Tel: 2367 4196 or 2367 4197 or 2368 1482

It is right near the Hyatt.

They seemd a bit busy in there, meaning the people working there were busy restocking and moving things around, so it was a bit disorganised, but I found a nice box of staples from Japan for just 5HKD, and they had a bit of a selection to choose from so it was nice. I suppose I am just use to the big chains all around the place. Also they are a Hk Tourism Board Qulity Tourism place I think as well per there card.

Thanks for this tip.

Still on the look out for on the go, pocket hand sanitzer.

[QUOTE=STAM4NICK;11498]I actually popped into this place. Here is the name and address for people's future reference:

Chun Kee Stationary Co. Ltd.
    11 Lock Road
    Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
    Tel: 2367 4196 or 2367 4197 or 2368 1482

It is right near the Hyatt.

Hi STAM4NICK,

do you know if that shop carries any jigsaw puzzles, with those nice scenery pictures or disney charaters? Thanks!