Like Tree2Likes

can anyone recommend a part time helper?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

can anyone recommend a part time helper?

I am looking for a part time helper (a few hours a week). I live in the Kam Sheung Road, Yuen Long area. I have no kids or pets.
    I know I can go to agencies, but I'd rather go with a helper who is already with another family, who I know can do a good job and I can trust and get references from. I have tried some agencies and their maids didn't work out as they didn't know how to cook or clean!!

Besides, I am only offering a few hours a \ week and this may not be worthwhile for any helper, but may be good for one who already has a job, but wants to earn some extra money on the side.
    Requirements: trustworthy / can produce evidence of visa / can go to the market and good cook / can cook chinese, western and middle eastern dishes / can cook chinese soup / do general house cleaning /

Any other suggestions to my predictament is welcomed!

When you say "evidence of visa" do you mean a visa that would enable him/her legally to work part time for you? (Which would be a Dependant Visa, or, presumably, Permanent Resident status) Or do you mean evidence of an FDH visa (under which working for you would be illegal)?

The former are in very short supply, and with your very specific cooking requirements (and somewhat out of the way location) I think you'd be very unlikely to find anyone.

I dont think you can hire a domestic helper who already is contracted to another family!!

Also you cannot insure the helper - be very careful.

Of course you can, and many people do, but it is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    Of course you can, and many people do, but it is illegal.
    That sounded just like PDLM

and if the helper injures herself whilst in the employment of another uninsured party? I would not take the risk....but as you say ' many people do '

Risk of what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    When you say "evidence of visa" do you mean a visa that would enable him/her legally to work part time for you? (Which would be a Dependant Visa, or, presumably, Permanent Resident status) Or do you mean evidence of an FDH visa (under which working for you would be illegal)?

The former are in very short supply, and with your very specific cooking requirements (and somewhat out of the way location) I think you'd be very unlikely to find anyone.
    Thanks for your reply. I mean evidence of visa meaning she is legal here in HongKong either by Dependent or PR status.
    But yes I understand where I am (middle of nowhere or close enough) makes it quite difficult for any helper wanting to travel and work for a few hours every week. I have got some replies but most just want to travel within Kowloon or HK island line. Will have to keep my fingers crossed.

Re my cooking requirements... that is bumped down the priority list now lol.

You'd get better luck advertising in your local P&S or Wellcome. At least those workers live in your area,

Would just working on Sundays work for you as our former maid is looking to earn some extra monies.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast