Clothing and home goods donation

Closed Thread

Clothing and home goods donation

Hi all,
    Is there an organization where i can donate used clothing (avg quality/condition)? in the US, i'd go to the goodwill or big brother's big sisters. I am finding that I think i will need to get rid of a lot of the clothes that i ended up moving..

Organizations that do pick ups would be perfect, but that might be too much to ask!

Thanks for any advice,
    Rachel

Clothes Donations

St Johns Cathedral in Central. The bookshop takes donations when the used clothes shop is not open. Only donate good stuff as all organizations tend to get too much now but Western sizes are always appreciated.

P.s. Donations

PS Forgot to say, depending on where you live if you leave things which are in good order in the area near your rubbish bin or somewhere people on the street can get to them they will usually disappear within an hour or so. China still has considerable poverty and all goods are useful. In addition there are Pakistani collectors of used goods and some Filippina used goods markets.

thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by patcherific:
    Hi all,
    Is there an organization where i can donate used clothing (avg quality/condition)? in the US, i'd go to the goodwill or big brother's big sisters. I am finding that I think i will need to get rid of a lot of the clothes that i ended up moving..

Organizations that do pick ups would be perfect, but that might be too much to ask!

Thanks for any advice,
    Rachel
    I donated something like 5 suitcases of clothes a few weeks ago. They were taken to a Church in Won Tai Sin and will be shipped to the Philippines.

Only three suitcases were taken to the Church. The rest of the stuff was left near the garbage bin and was indeed taken within the hour.

thanks phillipe. how did you donate it - did you drop it off at the church?

on another, but related topic, is there any sort of "Junk" collector in HK that will basically pick stuff up? I am freaking out a little that i moved too much stuff that i shouldn't have moved! i probably am just worrying too much but trying to know much options so when the movers arrive, i will know what i can do!

hi guys
    I'm thinking of donating some of my used-stuffs too, not many in quantity but better than if I keep it with me or throw it away.
    If you know collectors other than St Johns Catedral, pls. let me know. Thx