Like Tree235Likes

Should husbands/boyfriends carry their wives/girlfriends handbags?

Closed Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20
    Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Sure sure, you're the man.

Now go back to your cave.

PS; it does require a lots of guts to tell your wife you will not carry her handbag. I am proud of you.
    Mat, would you promise to come back online if I agree to speak kindly to you and be politically correct

Quote Originally Posted by SiuMaiTaiTai:
    I don't get the huge issue with Kenner or other men carrying their partners bags, it isn't something I'd ask my other half to do (my bag, my responsibility) but if other couples feel comfortable with that, good on them.
    If a guy is uncomfortable with it then don't do it but think about it against the wider picture that is your whole relationship, tantrums after a refusal then yes, obviously something to think more about but also think about whether there is anything you put her through that is also plain stupid
    It isn't like a couple's relationship is defined by something as simple as this one gesture or a man's masculinity is determined by whether he would do this is it?!

Anyway, my conclusion is just give and take = balance but then what do I know!
    Keep your reasoned, mild arguments to yourself. There is no place for them in this thread.

ALL WOMEN ARE LOOOOSERRS.

that's better.

I often find my handbag is incredibly heavy, but its rare for the bulky/weighty items in it to belong to me. The 3 guys in my family (husband and two sons) tend to offload things into my bag because they don't carry one on most family excursion (eg: to the shops)

If my shoulder or back was sore, or the bag got too heavy (happens when they sneaked books that weigh a ton), I'd have no reservations asking one of them to carry my bag. If they complained about giving me a hand with it, they'd regret it.

Mat and MovingIn07 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by punchdrunk:
    I would like to say thank you to all my adoring fans for giving me this award Why is it obnoxious to state an opinion ? Are people so afraid to say what is truly on their mind ?
    No, obnoxious refers to the response you gave when called out on the fact that you'd prefer your better half to put her bag on the toilet floor rather than hold it for a couple of minutes.
    Mat and BaconBreadBaker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    No, obnoxious refers to the response you gave when called out on the fact that you'd prefer your better half to put her bag on the toilet floor rather than hold it for a couple of minutes.
    Not obnoxious at all. She was too lazy to take the bag into the bathroom. This bathroom was in Elements Mall so there were most likely hooks on the door.

Not obnoxious at all. She was too lazy to take the bag into the bathroom. This bathroom was in Elements Mall so there were most likely hooks on the door.
    Well played punchdrunk. You were afraid to post under your own username, and instead had to create a new account just to tell us how brave you stand up to your right hand...i mean GF. Careful... or you'll never get a ring on that finger.
    Mat and jimbo like this.

A handbag is not a piece of furniture or a box of groceries, it's part of a woman's outfit. If you wouldn't wear your girlfriend's coat or shoes, then you shouldn't be carrying her bag around.

Note I did say "if", I don't want to exclude anybody

MovingIn07 and punchdrunk like this.

Carrying around different to standing obviously holding it for a couple of mins while your partner goes to the bathroom!

No real man would carry a woman's handbag. My gf asked me to hold her handbag while she went into the women's bathroom and I said "hello no".
    Mat, HowardCoombs and justjoe86 like this.