Like Tree18Likes

Lock Picking Kit

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

So what happens, he brings the spare key home and then forgets that....?

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    But isn't your place protected by vicious swarms of jellyfish and sharks?
    well exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by jw1701:
    i had similar problems before and found the best way to remember was to carry my house key in my wallet
    This is actually my strategy (for my office key, which is locked!).

The only two people I know with electronic (fingerprint) door locks have both had them fail unexpectedly.

Fail safe or fail open?

Fail closed. At least, from the outside. I imagine there is a mechanical override on such locks from the inside.

My understanding was that there is a mechanical override (i.e. a key) for such locks from the outside as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Stu79:
    I'm getting fed up of locking myself out of my apartment.

I've tried everything I can think over the years to get myself to not forget my keys and never manage it. Every time I get a locksmith out they charge me $200 at least for 10 seconds work and so I've decided it would be an investment to learn how to pick the lock myself.

So does anyone know where I can buy a lock picking kit here in HK?

And as far as I understand, as long as I'm not using it for shady purposes there's no problem legally with me having one? I know it's fine in the UK, but not sure about over here.
    seriously man not to be abusive but starting a thread about continuously forgetting your house keys for years is really childish. You obviously are mature enough to rent/own your flat, have a job and surviving. Have you not got a "learning curve" in regards to your keys...?
    Make a mistake once, you learn from it as $200 for 10 seconds work must bite. Make the same mistake twice and surely you have to be even more smarter with your memory as again $200 for 10 seconds work must have hurt.
    Don't learn it thereafter, surely you are doomed for failure in ever remembering this.

I feel sad for you as starting a forum on what you thought was innocent forgetfulness turns out ppl have made you aware of your blatant immaturity. Grow up, man up, and learn otherwise you are doomed for failure in anything else you may do...

BTW, my solution is change your door lock to a single key and place this in your rubber case for your iphone, blackberry in between the backdoor of your phone and the rubber case.
    surely you are not dumb enough to remember your phone...

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    My understanding was that there is a mechanical override (i.e. a key) for such locks from the outside as well?
    Yes , you have a override key you can use. I have a samsung one for almost 2 years and never have any problem.

If batteries are dead and you are lock outside you can just plug a 9V battery at the bottom of the lock and open the door or use the override key.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    I would presume so. In both cases the users were not carrying the keys and either had to wait for someone to turn up with one, or needed a locksmith to break in for them.