Like Tree9Likes

Expat couples

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I saw the 2 threads form him, combined the attitude that I noticed in both threads and replied based on my perception.

Ofcourse I could be wrong, but I dont seem to like the cut of this guys jib.

Six 100% expat couples that I know - 1) male - divorced his wife while in HK and now going out with Korean; 2) male - moved the family back home when 4Y contract expired and could not get another job here; 3) female - been in HK for a long time, still married; 4) male - was in HK a long time, went to UK, got married and now back in HK probably to stay; 5) male - lived in HK and Singapore for over decade and still married.; 6) male - came out here with wife after college and never left, still married.

dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Perhaps your observation is clouded by the fact that you are living/working in a place where you dont encounter them.
    Your guess would be wrong in my case and many of my friends cases. You are making generalizations without much basis.
    Where are you getting this stuff from?
    I specifically said that these are merely my unscientific observations. So yes, they are generalizations and they are without basis. What is your point?

I've been living here for 19 years, Mr. Elle arrived here 12 years ago. We've met and got married in Hong Kong and have no plans leaving here anytime soon.

maybe, maybe not.

yes maybe,

Enfin not sure

Oh well yes..

Last edited by Mat; 07-09-2012 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elle:
    I've been living here for 19 years, Mr. Elle arrived here 12 years ago. We've met and got married in Hong Kong and have no plans leaving here anytime soon.
    I think you've already got my point; your observations, while correct relative to your eyes are IMO incorrect.

Me ; 18 years, wife 25years - met and married here, now raising 3 lovely kids and we have no plans on leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:

Me ; 18 years, wife 25years
    I always thought you were older than that