Need an opinion on the handling of a matter

Closed Thread

Thumbs down Need an opinion on the handling of a matter

I was a member on a Hong Kong expat website since 5 yrs. A few days ago i started getting spam in to my inbox account on the website. At first i thought it must be a one-off thing subsequently they started gettinng regular. I sent an email reporting the matter to the moderator. This was the 1st email is sent them:
    "hi,I received this spam email that i copied and pasted from my inbox in my asiaxpat account in response to an ad posted in your classified section. Please look into this matter as this is clearly a fraud and spam. you can check the email its still there in my inbox.thanks"

however i got no response or reply from them.

Finally when the spam did not stop i posted the matter in their practical advice forum this was the posting:
    "Since the last few days i have been receiving these spam emails copies of which i have posted below, i wrote to ******** but got no response from them, today i received a second one. is anyone else receiving such emails? I would like to know what the moderators are doing about this? and why is this happening. It is quite irritating to receive an email saying someone has responded to ur ad or u have a message in your inbox- only to log in and find out its spam!"

to this posting this is the reply the moderator sent me: "We do not spam and please do not post such comments on our forums or your account will be terminated
    To turn off alerts that you have signed up for please visit your control panel and turn them off."
    (this is their solution)

then another response was : "We have removed unacceptable content that you have
    posted on the ******** forums. Please review our rules to prevent further content deletions Also please refer to the instructions at the top of each forum because we remove questions that are not
    relevant to that forum."

My questions:
    1) why am i being threatened in such a manner with termination of my account, is this fair?
    2)Do People who report spam on expat websites normally get threatened with termination of accounts?
    3)was this the right way to respond?
    4) In no way have they resolved the problem for me which is evident the only solution is to turn of the alerts, my question is why should i have to turn off the alerts that i have activated for my ads? is this the only viable solution?
    5)Sometimes a user may post a question on the wrong forum does this warrant a termination of account threat?

I have since deactivated my account myself....after being thoroughly disappointed...but was just wondering what did i do so wrong to get such a response?

It's his website and at the end of the day he can run it however he likes. If you don't like it then don't go there. Many of us here and at another board are "refugees" from AXP. Another board was set up specifically to offer a spam-free social forum for a group of us who got totally pissed off with the AXP attitude.

i got the same kind of response oneday from them. I just left them. They are loosing members because of their arrogant attitude.