What to do when exasperated with service?

Closed Thread

What to do when exasperated with service?

I signed up for a broadband/home-line package with an i-cable agent on the street earlier this year. She told me that I was entitled to 100 free minutes a month of free long distance with "007," for three months. I was previously a customer of 007 but had not used the service in years. So I made a few calls totally about 20 minutes, but started getting bills from 007. I called i-cable, and was told to call 007 customer service. I called them and was told I was never registered for any promotion. Called i-cable again. Next month, another bill with monthly service charges. Called 007 and was asked to fax a copy of my i-cable contract. I did this... no follow up and another bill the next month. Back and forth and back and forth between these two companies for the last several months. Now the story I'm getting is that only my mobile phone number was entitled to the promotion, which is ridiculous since I ported my HOME number to i-cable. I'm getting nowhere speaking to these agents, and I refuse to pay a cent. I asked to speak to their supervisors, but they would not connect me. I complained to the consumer council but got a nonsense reply.

I'm so fed up, what can I do?

Change provider and try to not get too annoyed by it.

When you sing up for iCable and get free 007 minutes you get a letter from 007 confirming the free minutes and this has the phone number that you are subscribed from at the bottom. Did you get any such letter?

Can't remember, but I certainly wasn't told to wait for any such letter to confirm registration before using the IDD007 service. I had IDD 007 several years ago and had multiple numbers registered for the service, so why would I think that only one of the two numbers I gave the sales agent would work with the service?

In particular, why would it be my mobile number and not the home number-which was the one being ported to i-cable? In any case, I tried the service with my mobile number and it never even worked!

The charge was only for $11, but has now grown to $60 with monthly service charges - even though I requested upon my initial complaint to have the service cancelled immediately. I'm so sick of this! These companies spend so much on advertising, why can't they make a bit of effort to satisfy their customers instead? Unlike in other countries, it seems the service agents you speak with are powerless to do anything but debate billing disputes, so it's almost a waste of time talking to them.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMoo:
    Change provider and try to not get too annoyed by it.
    Would like to this, but you know, I initially switched from Netvigator/NOW to i-Cable because I was fed up with PCCW sales agents repeatedly entering my private building (and once my apartment) under the false claim of checking on some technical matter. I even warned PCCW I would report this as trespassing, but it happened again. It seems the choice in HK is between awful and dreadful.