Like Tree37Likes

Domestic Helper Borrowing Money

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

thanks, for the nice advice. I just ask the Public Finance what should I do but even Im the reference only they push me to pay it. Even I did not use that money but they insist Im the sister.

Has anyone ever seen evidence of debt collectors going further than intimidation and harassment? Where does the law stand on how these guys operate?

Quote Originally Posted by jmbf:
    Has anyone ever seen evidence of debt collectors going further than intimidation and harassment? Where does the law stand on how these guys operate?
    Depends on how important their ultimate master is.

I go public finance this afternoon, I give the release paper show that my sister already in the philippines, They ask me to loan to pay debt but I say "no".

They call me on my mobile phone if I did pay. If I did answer the call they sid they call the employer land line numbe. Im only reference not a gurantor!

Quote Originally Posted by rubelisa:
    I go public finance this afternoon, I give the release paper show that my sister already in the philippines, They ask me to loan to pay debt but I say "no".

They call me on my mobile phone if I did pay. If I did answer the call they sid they call the employer land line numbe. Im only reference not a gurantor!
    I would go to the police and tell them you're being harassed. You're not a guarantor and they accept that but they've asked you to borrow money to cover the loan? They know they can't contact your sister at your employer's house but they've threatened to call there. Tell the police and make them pursue it!!

I would recommend talking to the HDH people at St John's Cathedral. They have legal people who work pro bono and can help you in discussions with the police etc.

wtbhotia likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6