Like Tree20Likes

Activity for Visiting Parents

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Drinking would be the obvious choice. Although three times a week may not be enough.

Loan them to Bryant English, he got plenty of free time those days.

My parents are not into drinking, and they'd be aghast if I let them loose in Wanchai...
    I'll ask them what is it they really would like to do, thanks Min07.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    My parents are not into drinking, and they'd be aghast if I let them loose in Wanchai...
    What about making some shaak, dhaal and chapati round my place?

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    What about making some shaak, dhaal and chapati round my place?
    Haven't you already made a similar request....?

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    Haven't you already made a similar request....?
    Yes, but it fell on deaf ears.

There is a Laughter Yoga session on in Jordan tomorrow, and I have inquired whether there are any places left.

If they are, would your parents be interested in getting a good laugh? Or do they get their kicks watching you get hen-pecked?

My parents are visiting me from India and would be staying for couple of months, and I would like them to have some daily or atleast thrice a week day-activity, or something to learn (except language), so that they go out meet people, expand their horizon so to speak.
    They do go for an hour or so long walk every evening, but usually they walk around north point area where we live. My mum hardly speaks any english and my father's knowledge of the language is sketchy at best.
    Can someone recommend some activity during the day time, for 60+ couple that'd take their mind off the daily routine as well as help them learn something new.

Thanks in advance.
    u should know their interests for planning the activities. suggest ur folks to have tea in chinese restaurant and this is the culture and custom for the local elderly in HK.

Dipper, I checked out the club, will go down some time this week to enquire about membership.

threelittlepigs, I don't think walking down the nathan road and talking to random fake watch sellers is what my parents would like to do, but thanks for your suggestion.
    I was referring to the suit salesmen. or the guy that tells you that you have a lucky face. Those guys are hilarious. Your parents will get a kick out of it.

VISA

Just out of curiosity did they get a long term visit visa?