names for the marriage certificate

Closed Thread

names for the marriage certificate

Hi,
    I am getting married very soon in HK but the hubby-to-be and I haven't notified our parents. If we provide our parents' names for the marriage certificate, is there any reason for which they might be contacted?

btw, do we need to find two witness ? We have hire the marriage celebrant and signing it in his firm. If we do need two witness, can we find our friends ? or anyone here would like to be our witness. That would be a great help. Cheers

For something so important why not have friends or relatives there as witnesses?

Parents will not be notified. You can pick anyone as your witness, its very easy la.

You looking for anyone to be your witness? I would!

You can use any of your friends that have an HK ID-Card.

My "best-man" lost his during the bachelor party and I had to use someone else as the official witness. *facepalm*

Hkid or passport.

Quote Originally Posted by avocado22:
    Hi,
    I am getting married very soon in HK but the hubby-to-be and I haven't notified our parents. If we provide our parents' names for the marriage certificate, is there any reason for which they might be contacted?

btw, do we need to find two witness ? We have hire the marriage celebrant and signing it in his firm. If we do need two witness, can we find our friends ? or anyone here would like to be our witness. That would be a great help. Cheers
    They will not contact your parents. Especially as I do not believe that you even have to provide their contact details.

Yes, you need two witnesses. Pretty much anyone with HKID, iirc.

Thanks for all the replies and MisoMayi, thanks for the offer! We have done it now and everything went smoothly! :-)