is Everclear available in HK?

Closed Thread

is Everclear available in HK?

is Everclear available in HK? it's a 190 proof grain alcohol
    or any local moonshine will do as long as it's over 151 proof
    Any recommendation?

thanks

F**K yeah it is, and the real stuff from the Czech republic too. Let me tell you something, I watched my two friends drink the stuff by heating a teaspoon of sugar into syrup and then stirring it in. Only a few hours later, these guys were not only drunk but uncharacteristically a-holes. Apparently this is what it does to you if you drink too much.

also try moutai, for diehard alkies, though this is not as hard core as everclear

Quote Originally Posted by packy_crusher:
    F**K yeah it is, and the real stuff from the Czech republic too. Let me tell you something, I watched my two friends drink the stuff by heating a teaspoon of sugar into syrup and then stirring it in. Only a few hours later, these guys were not only drunk but uncharacteristically a-holes. Apparently this is what it does to you if you drink too much.
    I think you're thinking of absinthe

Quote Originally Posted by pkboy:
    It doesnt sound like absinthe at all, for starters you dont heat sugar up and pour it in.

Resting sugar cube on an absjnthe spoon and a Le balancier, that see saws a delayed flow of chilled ice water, eroding the sugar cube and transforming the absinthe becoming cloudy. It goes cloudy because of the cold, the sugar is to make it more palatable to drink.

Ouzo drinkers will like the much stronger absinthe at around 50 - 70% alcohol content, which I am one, but I never buy it in Hong Kong, France usually....

This spirit that the op speaks of sounds like it will rot your guts out not to mention obliterate ones liver in the process lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile

Y not DIY? Follow these instructions, buy cheapest beer, wait for sunny day and party at night. http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_.../manual15.html

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    It doesnt sound like absinthe at all, for starters you dont heat sugar up and pour it in.

Resting sugar cube on an absjnthe spoon and a Le balancier, that see saws a delayed flow of chilled ice water, eroding the sugar cube and transforming the absinthe becoming cloudy. It goes cloudy because of the cold, the sugar is to make it more palatable to drink.

Ouzo drinkers will like the much stronger absinthe at around 50 - 70% alcohol content, which I am one, but I never buy it in Hong Kong, France usually....

This spirit that the op speaks of sounds like it will rot your guts out not to mention obliterate ones liver in the process lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile
    you're right, my mistake. I generally think absinthe on the mention of a sugar cube but didn't catch the bit where it was heated

and yes, everclear is pretty rough stuff. never again.

Quote Originally Posted by pkboy:
    You know what, you are correct my friend…..absinthe….everyclear is that crap from Mexico, which I have not seen in hK….sorry for the mix up…

Everclear is made in the US I think. It is illegal in a lot of areas/countries due to its high proof, or alcohol%. It is dangerous and should be illegal IMO. Guns are fine by me...but not AK-47s. Alcohol is fine too, but not alcohol that is 180 proof. What is the point of having something that is 90% alcohol by volume?