Like Tree10Likes

Tiffin Service for Indian Food in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer:
    Under $ 25 for a full veg meal, delivered to your office.
    I wish I understood how these people make money - I worked the sums with an Indian friend who was wondering about setting up a service like this and we couldn't see any reasonable set of assumptions that would make money with a price much under about $60.

Quote Originally Posted by hkperson:
    Is that the only one tiffin service in Hong Kong? How do all others manage their food here?
    Eating in restaurant on a daily basis proves to be expensive.
    Can u guys share more views?
    Most people actually know how to cook

Probably very cheap basic food. But I'd be keen to try it as I miss indian in Kwai Fong. Any non-veggie versions?

Grunt

Quality of ingredients for a start, discounted fruit and veg bordering on rotten etc etc

Non Veg

Yes some of them make non veg. Delivery in Kwai Fong may be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Probably very cheap basic food. But I'd be keen to try it as I miss indian in Kwai Fong. Any non-veggie versions?

Are these Tiffin guys actually legally operating out of a proper/legally registered BR numbered commercial premises, or are they just dudes cooking food at home and selling it illegally to customers ?

If it is the latter, why would you knowingly support such a practice ?

Last edited by Skyhook; 07-10-2012 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Are these Tiffin guys actually legally operating out of a proper/legally registered BR numbered commercial premises, or are they just dudes cooking food at home and selling it illegally to customers ?

If it is the latter, why would you knowingly support such a practice ?
    I'd be even more keen if I thought it was really "home-cooked" food!

Indian meals.

I do not think so. The food they supply is basic but quite tasty. The food in the Indian Restaurants is too oily. For veg food they give you 2 vegetables, a small bowl of rice and 2 Rotis. The cost of the ingredients is less than $10/ Labour is family.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Grunt

Quality of ingredients for a start, discounted fruit and veg bordering on rotten etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer:
    For veg food they give you 2 vegetables, a small bowl of rice and 2 Rotis. The cost of the ingredients is less than $10/ Labour is family.
    And no protein source? Doesn't sound like a balanced meal. Any lentils, paneer, etc?

Dals & Paneer

Of course. The menu changes daily.

QUOTE=Char Siu King;2160178]And no protein source? Doesn't sound like a balanced meal. Any lentils, paneer, etc?[/QUOTE]