Like Tree10Likes

Tiffin Service for Indian Food in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Char Siu King:
    And no protein source? Doesn't sound like a balanced meal. Any lentils, paneer, etc?
    This poster's name is appropriate for this post

Indian veg food freezes quite well. Why not just cook up a big batch on Sunday, put them in portion size containers and microwave them at work? I do understand the emphasis placed on freshness, particularly in Indian cuisine, but those cultural norms were established before freezers were available and as other posters have pointed out, *cheap* tiffin food is probably of questionable freshness anyway in terms of the ingredients (even if it is cooked fresh). I'd much prefer knowing that the veges I used were fresh at time of cooking... can recommend some excellent recipe books if you like....

Mimi

Nice in theory but the ones that usually ask about Tiffin tend to be Indian men that can't cook

HowardCoombs and Skyhook like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Mimi

Nice in theory but the ones that usually ask about Tiffin tend to be Indian men that can't cook
    Nothing like letting go of amma's apron strings
    jimbo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Mimi

It would work for me though, if I could get my act together and make something! This is what I used to do, before I got busy and lazy!

Going through all the posts here, i feel its not only me but others also find it tough to get indian food.

Can anyone tell me more about the quality of food these tiffin guys provide currently and what is a normal amount one should pay to get good quality tiffin service?

Indian meals.

Only way to find out what you like is to order from all of them . Try one every day, and talk to them . They may agree to make special dishes for you.

Quote Originally Posted by hkperson:
    Going through all the posts here, i feel its not only me but others also find it tough to get indian food.

Can anyone tell me more about the quality of food these tiffin guys provide currently and what is a normal amount one should pay to get good quality tiffin service?

I've called all the numbers on this thread and was unable to find one to deliver to Wanchai at a decent price. The closest I got was India Kitchen at $60 per person, $150 minimum charge..

Any specific pointers (currently delivering) would be appreciated for Wanchai delivery; there is just one person...

Ashoka

This is a pretty good restaurant in sai wan ho area. News clippings on the walls of restaurant claim that the chef was once mentioned in Michelin Guide (while working for another restaurant). And they've just started lunch set delivery service to nearby area. Not sure if he would cover wan chai, I get it delivered in quarry bay. IMHO food is quite awesome and quantity-wise its pretty filling for 58$ a set. You can reach him on 90264017 (Krishna).

Tiffin service in TungChung

Hi..I am looking for a tiffin delivery for both lunch and dinner in Tung Chung area for about 2 weeks or so.Do they provide in this area too?Thank you