Like Tree1Likes

Casual baby-friendly venue for 1yo birthday party

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lightbulb Casual baby-friendly venue for 1yo birthday party

I am looking for venue to hold a relax/ casual birthday party for my 1yo baby with 6 other babies and their parents (total less than 20).
    I have looked through all the suggestion in different websites, and all the suggestions are either baby gym, baby playroom which provide rigid program (2hours only, and it is fixed time! How can all the baby guests have afternoon nap and get ready to come out on time!?)
    I don't have a club house, and don't want to trouble any of my friend to rent me theirs.
    So, ideally it will be cafe style venue, with good and clean area for me to bring in toys and balloon, and maybe play mat for smaller babies to crawl on.
    When: Sunday, start around 3pm, and should end by 6pm.
    Areas : Around Causeway Bay, Happy Valley, North Point, Tin Hau
    Budget: Below HKD 2k
    Any suggestion please?

Thanks!

McDonalds ---

Yup - that seems like a sensible suggestion - they hire out their spaces for all sorts of stuff.

why don't you just go down the local park? my friend had her kids b'day party in victoria park on the grass. they took a load of food, balls, mats to sit on, etc and it was great. the kids had fun, it was relaxed for the parents and best of all is was FREE!!!

Cyberport podium is a popular place. Nice grass and the kids play with the water. Bring your own food n mat

you are going to have trouble finding a private venue for such a low budget. think about it: you want "prime time" from a place that is set up for profit. they have limited time because they need to fit in as many parties as possible and your budget for a long relaxed affair is about 1/2 of what the going rate is for these places.

for free you could try a beach or a park as mentioned.

I've got a perfect space but it's in Tuen Mun.

winter time- Dec

hi all , thanks for suggestion.
    However the celebration will be early December, bit cold for outdoor celebration?

Quote Originally Posted by New Mum in HK:
    hi all , thanks for suggestion.
    However the celebration will be early December, bit cold for outdoor celebration?
    It's rarely cold in HK!

Might be a bit cool but just rug the kids up with an extra layer of clothes if you think it is that cold.
    Kids will be so excited and crawling/running that they dont feel the cold, its the parents that do, and the parents should be running around after the kids anyway.
    Take some balls and balloons, kick them around the park - everyone happy, warm from exercise, and cheap!!

carang likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast