Stop Bashing Disneyland

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Stop Bashing Disneyland

I wanted to make a statement about previous Hong Kong Disneyland bashing, of which I also participated. But after studying the issue, I would like to suggest people in Hong Kong support the amusement park, not because it is America owned, but because it is important to Hong Kong as a world-class, international city. It is very likely that Disney might close the park, but more than that, stop its growth. I think Disneyland is very important to the image of Hong Kong, and would like to see more support for it, rather than destructive criticism. It is a very good place to take children, and many adults enjoy the entertainment.

Last weekend, the park was very enjoyable, but not as crowded as you would expect. It has logistical problems, getting there is not easy, and the cost seems a little steep. But after you are there a few hours, the value is apparent.

Please give Disneyland a fair chance. Hong Kong would be worse off if Mickey and friends left for good.

Sorry to ramble, but just needed to get this off my mind.

No one in HK would give a rat arse if Disney left town. Lets just say at the end of the day, it was a bit of a cock up on the govt's part... and Disney's arrogance did not help.

Disney is important to Hong Kong? Yes, tell the bankers, the diamond traders, the money launderers, the Jardines, the Cheong Kongs and the man on the street that.

Lets just leave it at -- its a freaking multi-billion dollar park, paid for by the tax payer .. nothing more, nothing less.

I think Disneyland is such a waste of time. My kids love it but jeez, what a waste of everyone's money.

It's about as important to Hong Kong as Madame Tussauds and the Avenue of Stars (two more seriously tacky 'attractions' I would love to see disappear).

I would love to see it go. Maybe the Govt could then use the land for one of their new prisons (shucks!!!, they wouldn't even have to redevelop it for that)

how does disney land compare to ocean park?

I think under some Geneva convention or the other, HK Disneyland would probably be classified as inhumane.

There goes my disney advertising contract ... bah humbug!

>> how does disney land compare to ocean park?

Cater to diff age groups / markets...

To be perfectly honest, I do not really see what the problem is with HK Disneyland.

Sure it is smaller than the Tokyo, Paris or US version but aside from this, it is still kinda fun for kids to go there....

There were a few blunders at first (CNY..) but it seems it is now things from the past.

As for Disney being arrogant, well it is really a surprise?

>> To be perfectly honest, I do not really see what the problem is
    >> with HK Disneyland.

I agree. Its there .. and it works for the kids. BUT, to say "Disneyland is very important to the image of Hong Kong" is a bit too much for me to stomach.

PerryCo

No offense, but they blew a great opportunity to have had a world class Disney, and its just not. Tokyo and Euro Disney blow it away, and yeah it will be compared to the others.

If Disney HK closed down tomorrow, it would make nil difference to HK's economy. And I agree its one of the biggest wastes of public coffers seen for a very long time.

Ocean Park is a much better option if you are above the age of 6 years old, catering for the "interests " of all members of the family, with real animals on site, not fibre glass painted mock varieties.

Its also a lot better value and a full day out experience without being tacky/artificial.

Whoever was responsible for the deviation of the usual Disney experience held elsewhere, needs their butt kicked.

Last edited by Skyhook; 22-01-2008 at 02:15 PM.

Ngong Ping village - another piece of tat that needs to go. Especially that &^%%$ Walk with Buddha crap.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast