Like Tree40Likes

Noisy Obnoxious Neighbors... What can I do?? :(

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

http://www.epd.gov.hk/epd/english/en...s/CG_E-06n.pdf

Page 4, section 2: Noise from Domestic Premises and Public Places (sections 4 and 5)

Noise from domestic premises or public places includes noise which is produced in domestic premises by sources such as television sets, air conditioners or dogs, and noise produced in public places by sources such as radios, hawkers or loudspeakers. Both sections 4 and 5 came into operation on 1 November 1989.

Section 4 of the Ordinance is a general provision to control noise of this nature which is causing annoyance to any person at night (11 p.m. to 7 a.m.) or on a general holiday.
    dear giant likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Yes, but in actual enforcement the police and the EPD will quote the 11pm - 7am deal.

I have had this happen to me, and ended having to move after calling the police over 30 times and having the EPD visiting twice within a year.

Unless they are making loud noise after 11pm the ordinance is a toothless tiger sadly.
    dear giant likes this.

I think local policing reflects local culture. Your 'noise' problems are probably no problem for local people who are used to living this way and deferring to their elders...

Invest in some noise cancelling earphones and watch adult movies all day.

Or some loud speakers will be even better.

Last edited by justjoe86; 06-11-2012 at 09:39 AM. Reason: i reckon the p word might get moderated

Juicy. Stay calm. You're taking things very personally.

Anyway, is it illegal to close somebody's front door? If not, repeatedly do so!

scrambler likes this.

You have my total sympathy Juicy. I had a problem with the horrendously noisy children above us screaming, skateboarding and playing basketball every evening. The management of the building laughed at me when I printed out the noise ordinance "it's just kids playing". It's just not enforced.

dear giant likes this.

I remember that thread SS - I think we gave you some wonderful suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    I remember that thread SS - I think we gave you some wonderful suggestions
    You certainly did, cheered me up

The police won't do anything. Best to invest in some sound proofing as someone suggested earlier. Or move.

dear giant likes this.

Get a large dog. No, get a LARGER dog.

Soundproofing the door might be the best option though, everything else is not going to get you any friends.

Last edited by Raccon; 06-11-2012 at 12:07 PM.
    dear giant likes this.