Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pin

calling Nespresso / Tassimo users - do you spike your coffee with alcohol?

Reply
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Causewaybay, Hong Kong
    Posts
    17

    Red face calling Nespresso / Tassimo users - do you spike your coffee with alcohol?

    Hello everyone,

    recently I bought a Nespresso machine (the U-Style white). I heard from the staff the limited edition for 2012 will be out next month

    I am trying to get creative with the hot coffee - anyone tried adding Bailey's liqueur or Kahlua liqueur to the nespresso-brewed coffee? A friend of mine tried adding godiva's chocolate liqueur. he said the taste was quite ok.

    anyone tried spiking the coffee with alcohol or chocolate milk or other stuff?


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    6,729
    Quote Originally Posted by holemone
    Hello everyone,

    recently I bought a Nespresso machine (the U-Style white). I heard from the staff the limited edition for 2012 will be out next month

    I am trying to get creative with the hot coffee - anyone tried adding Bailey's liqueur or Kahlua liqueur to the nespresso-brewed coffee? A friend of mine tried adding godiva's chocolate liqueur. he said the taste was quite ok.

    anyone tried spiking the coffee with alcohol or chocolate milk or other stuff?
    You mean like an Irish coffee(whisky), Calypso (Tia Maria) etc? How would this be different?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Causewaybay, Hong Kong
    Posts
    17

    By the way, anyone using Tassimo? my sister is getting married soon so I am planning one buying her a capsule/pod coffee machine as a house-warming gift.

    Anyone used both tassimo and nespresso before?


  4. #4

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Causewaybay, Hong Kong
    Posts
    17

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue
    You mean like an Irish coffee(whisky), Calypso (Tia Maria) etc? How would this be different?
    Hi Satay Sue,

    Yes I did try spiking my nespresso coffee with Jameson (Irish whiskey). The whiskey married well (well i just put 2 sips). I am looking for some fail-safe recipes/mixes

    I hope Nestle one day will compile a book of drinks recipes or even invent the spiritied coffee capsules. I don't mind paying 20% or 30% more

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    13,691

    I like iced coffee with my nespresso.

    shri likes this.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    29,952

    Is the Tassimo thingy available in Hong Kong? My son has developed a fascination for it after he found out that it does hot chocolate ...


  7. #7

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,449

    Tassimo coffee is pretty dire but I assume/hope it's harder for them to go wrong with hot chocolate. Nespresso tastes better than Tassimo (but that doesn't necessarily mean it tastes like decent coffee lol). Lavazza Mio seems to be the best of the three but I'm assuming they don't do hot choc.


  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by holemone
    Hi Satay Sue,

    Yes I did try spiking my nespresso coffee with Jameson (Irish whiskey). The whiskey married well (well i just put 2 sips). I am looking for some fail-safe recipes/mixes

    I hope Nestle one day will compile a book of drinks recipes or even invent the spiritied coffee capsules. I don't mind paying 20% or 30% more
    http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=alcoholic+coffee+drinks