Seesaws/Teeter totters in HK?

Closed Thread

Smile Seesaws/Teeter totters in HK?

Hi guys,

I'd like to know if there are any parks or recreational areas that have the old school style seesaws (also known as teeter totters) like the one shown in the pic below. They seem pretty hard to find!

Name:  teeter-totter.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  15.0 KB

Really appreciate any help and suggestions, thanks and cheers!

see saws

Quote Originally Posted by JBalls:
    Hi guys,

I'd like to know if there are any parks or recreational areas that have the old school style seesaws (also known as teeter totters) like the one shown in the pic below. They seem pretty hard to find!

Name:  teeter-totter.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  15.0 KB
    The tiny public park off in between Tai Hang and Blue Pool Road just next to Marymount primary and secondary schools used to have a very nice one. Not sure if they've 'renovated' the park though.

Quote Originally Posted by z754103:
    The tiny public park off in between Tai Hang and Blue Pool Road just next to Marymount primary and secondary schools used to have a very nice one. Not sure if they've 'renovated' the park though.
    Thanks for the tip, I'll try to swing by that area and have a look myself sometime!

Any other locations to recommend fellow hongkongers?

Just a quick bump!

Hi everyone, just would like to bump this thread, as im still on the hunt to find an old style seesaw in a park or public area in Hong Kong! My girlfriend is a big fan of them and i would love to take her to one here.

If anybody has any leads, please pass them along this way.

Thanks very much

According to the LCSD website there is one at Repulse Bay children's playground, although it may be a bit more sophisticated than you would like. Curiously, it is categorised as "play equipment for children with disabilities".

They can also be found at Wanchai Park, a 4-seater at Ho Man Tin park, Tsing Yi North East Park, Shing Mun Valley Park, Yuen Long Park, and Tin Shui Wai Park.

How old is your girlfriend (physically), out of curiosity? The government aims seesaws at 2-5 year olds.

There is also something similar at Kwun Tong promenade; picture two (or three?) seesaws linked by a hinge.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    According to the LCSD website there is one at Repulse Bay children's playground, although it may be a bit more sophisticated than you would like. Curiously, it is categorised as "play equipment for children with disabilities".

They can also be found at Wanchai Park, a 4-seater at Ho Man Tin park, Tsing Yi North East Park, Shing Mun Valley Park, Yuen Long Park, and Tin Shui Wai Park.

How old is your girlfriend (physically), out of curiosity? The government aims seesaws at 2-5 year olds.
    Were in our 20's, that's why i was looking for a bigger, older style seesaws with the large wood planks that would support a normal sized adult

Thanks for the great info, i will have a look and see which ones, if any, are suitable!

Quote Originally Posted by Raccon:
    There is also something similar at Kwun Tong promenade; picture two (or three?) seesaws linked by a hinge.
    That sounds interesting! I'll have a look there too, thanks!