Pour a bit of the vodka on it.
    Drink a bit of the remaining vodka.
    Prepare to put the turkey in the oven.
    Pour some more vodka on it.
    Sip some more of the remaininng vodka.
    Put the burkey in the oben.
    Taek anohter brink of the vokda.
    Tuern om the onev at 200 degrees.
    Whihle waithtng for durkey the to beacome reday, fiinsh the rest of the btotle.
    Remuove teh rurheyk orfm eht oaven.
    Clal am aumbuleance to treat yoru bruns.

Satay Sue and gunsnroses like this.

>> Luckily many US sites now accept payments via Paypal for international sales.

Can you list a few?

I remember a time in the not too distant past when the only way to get a (whole) turkey for T'giving anywhere in Europe was to have someone with PX privileges to buy it for you from a US military base... I was passing through Oliver's Deli in Central the other day and saw a whole stack of frozen Butterballs, just waiting for passing Yanks to buy them.

One of the most enjoyable Thanksgivings I had was as a student, living in a dormitory in Europe, in which a handful of Americans prepared a "proper" feast for themselves and a couple dozen or so other international students. It involved scavenging the aforementioned ingredients, as well as the unearthing of various "grandmas' recipies", and a pleasant afternoon of communal preparation (I looked after the provision of alcohol, btw). So, it doesn't have to involve family, just a token American or two!

shoebuy.com, 6pm.com,Lands' end.com, ebay.com, JCpenney.com, RalphLauren.com , Zappos.com, sleekhair.com
    https://shopping.paypal.com/stores/f...tionId=1489243

excellent .. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by araucaria:
    Do all US citizens celebrate, or do some groups such as descendants of the native people, have (ahem) reservations?

Genuine question. Any Americans care to comment

Quote Originally Posted by Editor:
    This Thanksgiving we're probably ordering in, but that's not the case for many of Hong Kong's expats.

Thanksgiving is always celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November and generally involves a giant family feast. Primarily a North American tradition, Thanksgiving is a secular holiday today.

Turkeys, stuffing and pumpkin pie come to mind, but everyone has their own way to celebrate this special day.

What are your Thanksgiving plans? Have you already prepared your turkey? Are you compromising on your family tradition by celebrating with new friends in a new place?

Whatever it is you're doing to celebrate, we'd like to take this moment to say, thanks for sharing on GeoExpat!
    only in the USA is it in november. in canada it is in october. and i'm not sure of the origins of the canadian holiday... maybe we are thankful we are not american? ;-)

happy thanksgiving to our american cousins!
    Last edited by carang; 22-11-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    only in the USA is it in november. in canada it is in october. and i'm not sure of the origins of the canadian holiday... maybe we are thankful we are not american? ;-)

happy thanksgiving to our american cousins!

Come on Cara, you guys must love us....90% of you live within 100 miles of the US. Plenty of room to move further away if you wanted you....but me thinks the closer a Canadian can get to the US the happier they are....eh?

Have thanksgiving to our neighbors to north

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    Come on Cara, you guys must love us....90% of you live within 100 miles of the US. Plenty of room to move further away if you wanted you....but me thinks the closer a Canadian can get to the US the happier they are....eh?

Have thanksgiving to our neighbors to north
    i think that's because further north is tundra...;-)

but, yes, my mum now lives a 5 minute drive from the border and does her weekly shopping in the US to save $...

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    i think that's because further north is tundra...;-)

but, yes, my mum now lives a 5 minute drive from the border and does her weekly shopping in the US to save $...
    Vancouver? to Costco?