Like Tree4Likes

UK Xmas posting dates

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

From HK to the UK. As stated, mailing from Japan to the UK was never an issue - I was there from 1996 - 2009.

Last edited by Satay Sue; 30-11-2012 at 04:51 PM.

I think at the GPO in Central you can buy UK Postage Stamps. You could use those on your cards and letters, put them all in an express mail packet and send it to a friend in the UK who could open them in a day or two and then put them in the local mail in the UK.

Cost a bit more but would get it there in time.

I posted cards to the UK on Saturday 1st Dec and just heard that some arrived today!

Satay Sue likes this.

Phew there's hope then

Original Post Deleted
    The same's true of phone calls: it costs substantially less to call the UK from HK (let's say HK$0.18, £0.015 per min) than it does to make a national call within the UK (£0.0841 daytime rate from a BT landline)

Just sort of FYI

I mailed about 100 cards on Dec. 4 to the USA and UK. Some of the USA cards arrived on Dec. 12 (8 days). That's basically the normal delivery time to the USA in non-peak situations.

Satay Sue likes this.

I think the dates are guidelines as a guarantee the cards would get there. Mind you, my cards to Singapore took a week so who knows...?

Original Post Deleted
    hk post is one cheapest and best in the world postal service, 60p in first class in UK, while at HK$3 from HK, hence,while you get a lot of ebayers from hk taking advantage of the cheap post.

however, after seeing uk postal service on top gear race ( with a supercar, as far i remember) from lands end to shetlands islands in UK for price of a first class, that's impressive considering the amount of transport involved and the time take.

Sorry it is NOT the best in the world!! As I have stated, I have never found it quick or efficient. Compare to Japan for reference. I NEVER had anything take longer than one week when sending to the UK. Here, it's a total gamble as to when it will arrive anywhere.