Kowloon Tong Expats

Closed Thread

Kowloon Tong Expats

I was wondering if there are any expat groups in Kowloon Tong, or anybody that would like to get together to have coffee or start knitting group

...knitting?

Had to ask.

Can you mention more about yourself? Make yourself less of a stranger.

Kowloon Tong Expat info

Well, we moved to Hong Kong two months ago (my husband and I) and have moved to Kowloon Tong. I was interested in meeting other expats in the Kowloon Tong area. I often am visiting groups in Central. I would like something closer.

Yes, knitting! We moved from Chicago and knitting is very popular, as it is around other parts of the US as a pass time. Many group like "Stich and Bitch" were popping up. A group of knitters or any other needle craft would meet up at a coffee house chit chat and knit. Festival Walk has a huge Pacific Coffee with plently of comfy chairs. It doesn't matter what kind of knitter you are newbie to the expert.

I'm honestly curious about your intentions...
    Does it interest you to meet locals? My impression about expats in Kowloon is that they're the ones who don't mind integrating and making local friends. Expats in Kowloon who like to make friends with expats...go South.

I mean if you have tea instead with locals in Kowloon, so much to discuss and learn about each other's culture with the people of this land. I'm honestly curious.

My intentions are pretty clear!!

I just wanted to get a group of people together to knit, expats or locals.

People also move to Kowloon for a shorter commute time and for the less costly rents.

Well not a knitter, and am lucky to get 90 minutes of personal time in a given work day (is it like that for everybody?!) but figured I'd say welcome to the neighbourhood! I love Kowloon Tong (though actually live at Fa Hui and get to stroll through a lovely low rise area with tee lined streets to Festival Walk. I picked Kowloon side primarily because I did not want to find myself living an expat life that left me insulated from the HK experience. Seems to have worked well so far.

Hope you enjoy the area...

Cheers-
    jj