Products for dry skin/psoriasis?

Closed Thread

Products for dry skin/psoriasis?

I've got very mild psoriasis, and have checked Watsons and Mannings for skin creams/gels but to no avail. Anyone else has the same problem? What do you use and where to get it, thanks!

I would recommend Pinetarsol which you use in place of soap, avaliable from Mannings/Watsons then you might want to layer afterwards with an emollient .. I have a big jar at home but can't remember the name off hand so will have a look and let you know. Again I got this from Watsons/Mannings too.

Poor you and I hope the above relieves some discomfort.

Did you ask the pharmacist? These items may not necessarily be on the main shelves.

You can also try Fanda. Again ask. It has a good range of products, branded and generic.

Are there any particularly items you are looking for?

No product in particular. I use Neutragena T-Gel shampoo, but I can't even find that here and Neutragena products are everywhere.

Its not bad actually... very very mild, almost non-existant when its hot and sunny. But now that we have this looooong cold spell with little sun, it's a bit more irritating than usual.

Well. if you are in Central or TST, it could be worth trying Fanda. Central shop is in Worldwide House (G/F) and TST one is in Mirador Mansion (G/F) on Nathan Road.

??? is psorasis in traditional Chinese characters.

Edit: Or it would do if Chinese characters were possible on this site...

Last edited by AJZ; 11-02-2008 at 04:18 PM. Reason: no chinese

My friend also has very dry skin, which only flares up a little when it's cold and the humidity is not as high.

From the small pharmacist counter in Mannings (with someone serving behind it till only 6 or 7pm!), get "Oilatum - Shower/Wash Gel", a skin relief emollient that can protect against further drying if used after every time you touch water!

Sometimes use it myself instead of the usual hand soap / gel. Then always follow with a oil-based moisturiser, anything specifically for extra dry skin (e.g. Vaseline - Advanced Healing), which you can get anywhere.

Since your condition's mild, just your bog standard Aqueous Cream (for body & hands, not face) will do. Buy a large tub for home use and also a smaller portable tube when out or at work.

The thing is to use a little but FREQUENTLY throughout the day, BEFORE drying, peeling signs start to bother.

Prevention's better than cure, as they say. And don't fret 'bout appearing somewhat "metro-sexual" etc

P.S. Some of the usual shops still stock the T-Gel Shampoo by N., just takes time looking out for it. Try TST and on HK Island, seen lots of it there not long ago.

Thanks for the tips! I will check out Fanda when I'm in the area next. As for creams... I do have a tube of Cetaphil. Don't know if its as effective as Vaseline Advanced Healing tho.

Also, I came across this product "Skin MD Natural" Shielding Lotion.

Skin Care Products | Natural Dry Skin Treatment | Skin MD Natural

Seems pretty hard to find... it has distributors in Taiwan, Singpore and Korea... not sure about HK tho...

Last edited by Eddy Mundo; 11-02-2008 at 06:39 PM. Reason: add more info

Go to Melaleuca at Windsor House in Causeway Bay

pick up their RENEW Creame.

sebamed has great soaps for people with sensitive skin...and my skin gets very dry and sensitive during the winter. don't use cetaphil, it stings! i use a lotion called persian rose on my face, you can get it at any bonjour and it's about hk$300 for a small jar. it's a very mild lotion but it has aloe vera, which should soothe your skin. you can also try a pure aloe vera mask..just get a big aloe vera leaf (you can find them at some wet markets), hack it open and use the jelly inside.
    good luck