Like Tree4Likes

Seeds - bringing into Hong Kong

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I'm a firm believer in begging for forgiveness instead of asking for permission...
    we are not talking about narcotics nor endangered species (big no nos) right - just do it and see what happens...

MovingIn07 likes this.

I'm with Howard. I regularly fill a suitcase coming back from Europe with all sorts of stuff - meat, cheese, you name it. I think seeds would be a minor infraction, if any! Customs have never checked.

I have brought seeds back from the UK several times: tomato starter kits, peppers, beans, peas, flowers etc. and didn't think twice about not declaring them. I think the most officious scenario is that they are confiscated, but I doubt this would even happen, and I'm sure you wouldn't get any hard time in the slammer for a few violas!

Last edited by The Beery Bear; 24-12-2012 at 09:50 AM.

Hi, I recently moved to HK and brought several of my favorite seeds with me: sugar snap peas, tomato, basil... and several others. Living on HK island, I don't think it's very easy to buy them, and I've not been impressed with the varieties of tomatoes I've eaten here. I had no problems with customs. (Although I didn't try to declare them...)

By the way, where do you plan on growing your plants? I love balcony gardening and am very sad that we don't have a balcony here. I'm quite close to the roof of our building, which is empty, but considered a "fire evacuation" space. The management of the building is evidently a real pain, so I'm not sure I'll have any luck with them if I ask to grow a few plants.

If anyone has any ideas about some places to do some urban gardening, I'd be very grateful!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2