Like Tree6Likes

How to get married in Hongkong

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How to get married in Hongkong

I am Indonesian woman, and my fiance from Texas, USA
    we have difficulty with our marriage plans in Indonesia because we are different religions. We wanted our wedding attended by our parents but my parents are too old to travel far away, so we do not have plans to get married in the U.S. even though we could get married in the U.S. with religious differences.

we heard some couples (different religions) can get married at the civil registry in hongkong. but really we do not have any idea on how to get married in hongkong. Where we can get a place to stay for a while in hongkong and the distance is not too far away from the civil registry office, and how much the cost of it all.

to anyone who knows information about it, I beg your help to share with me here. Thank you very much.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

You don't even have to go to a marriage registry; a civil celebrant can legally marry you.

Here's a cheap one-stop place that can walk you through the steps and then marry you at one of its 10 offices in Hong Kong.

Link:http://www.hkm.mobi/

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 28-12-2012 at 02:47 PM.
    TheBrit and kippo like this.

You need to sign up to get married at one of the registries. It is not that difficult, but often spaces are limited. You might be able to get in soon on the 4th of the month, 4 is an unlucky number and most locals do not want to get married on the 4th.

Can I ask a question? I'm genuinely interested. Are you going to continue to follow your religion after you're married? How do you reconcile that?

You can get married at any lawyer's office. I got married at a lawyer's office in Mongkok!

http://898.typepad.com/ytteng/

"Civil Celebrant of Marriages or Marry at Hong Kong law offices: $1900"

How about getting married in Thailand instead? They have a good system set up to help tourists and visitors tie the knot...

Last edited by Maracas Bay; 28-12-2012 at 04:58 PM.
    kippo likes this.

I second the suggestion that you use a celebrant service. Pay a single fee and they can sort out the paper work for you. As for where to stay, there are hundreds of hotels and hostels in Hong Kong. If you can post a request for help in a forum, im sure you are also capable of looking up something simple like that on google.

Are religions binding? Really?

Dear OP, I am afraid to inform you that you can only get married in Hong Kong if you are Jewish or Morman.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Dear OP, I am afraid to inform you that you can only get married in Hong Kong if you are Jewish or Morman.
    Is that because you wouldn't be able to come up with the fees otherwise?
    If you are trying to be funny, please read the Indonesian marriage rules first.
    kippo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hktraveller:
    Is that because you wouldn't be able to come up with the fees otherwise?
    If you are trying to be funny, please read the Indonesian marriage rules first.
    hktraveller,,, thank you for your response,
    I forgive pin for comments he posts here. He just wants to get attention by writing such a screw up

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast