Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Spambot

Prebooking taxis (HK Island)

Closed Thread

Prebooking taxis (HK Island)

I know this has been asked before, but all the threads I could find were years old, so I wanted one more up-to-date.

What numbers would you recommend for prebooking taxis on HK Island?

Ricky 9807 7839, you can whatsapp him also, best to do it 1/2 hr in advance so that he can find a driver for you.

Last edited by flameproof; 06-01-2013 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Ricky 9807 7839, you can whatsapp him also, best to do it 1/2 hr in advance so that he can find a driver for you.
    eh, this guy said Sai Wan Ho to Wong Chuk Hang was too short; doesn't really seem suitable for HK island journeys
    TheBrit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    thanks, but I was hoping to hear from someone who's actually used and would recommend a particular number

having a list of 20+ numbers as far away as sha tin doesn't help that much

Quote Originally Posted by Spambot:
    eh, this guy said Sai Wan Ho to Wong Chuk Hang was too short; doesn't really seem suitable for HK island journeys
    That lazy bugger, I'll bitch slap him for you next time I take his taxi

Are you trying to pre-book a taxi that gives discount???

More discount taxi numbers below belonging to other groups.

Give them a try.

If no then you can just call the taxi center on the link flameproof provided "urban-outdoors", just try anyone of them and they will shout out to the taxis and see who wants to do your order (extra $5 charge).

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Are you trying to pre-book a taxi that gives discount???

More discount taxi numbers below belonging to other groups.

Give them a try.

If no then you can just call the taxi center on the link flameproof provided "urban-outdoors", just try anyone of them and they will shout out to the taxis and see who wants to do your order (extra $5 charge).
    No, but the current one I use wants a $10 booking charge on top of the $5 charge, and I'm hoping to find an alternative, without just going through a list of twenty numbers.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try those ones.

Make sure you know your pick up location in Cantonese. We had an urgent appointment in Chai Wan at 9am this morning, going from Kennedy town. As taxis cannot stop outside our place we asked to be picked up on a different street. The driver who supposedly accepted the fare couldn't find us. After half an hour, several infuriating phone calls, with us freezing our butts off, HE gave up!! I eventually managed to get someone else but we were very late for our appointment. (Ok you could argue that we should know Canto but why the heck accept a fare for which you don't know the address - the guy taking the request understood me, surely it would have been relayed in Cantonese??)

A quick logistical question: do the booking services provide you with the registration of the cab that accepts the fare via SMS? If not, how do you know whether the cab at the pickup point is yours or not?

Quote Originally Posted by klan8456:
    A quick logistical question: do the booking services provide you with the registration of the cab that accepts the fare via SMS? If not, how do you know whether the cab at the pickup point is yours or not?
    Not sure if they SMS you but they will tell you the number on the plate