Cabel TV Provider

Closed Thread

Cabel TV Provider

Hi there,
    we are moving in our permanent flat by next week. As I have to call all these providers (gas / water / electricity) now I am wondering about which Cable TV providers are available in HKG. Can someone give me an advise? As we come from Europe English channels should be the main focus.

Thanks a lot, Wondering

With non-compete agreements and the way Hong Kong encourages oligopolies, I'm sure they'll die an appropriate death, unless they can sell it to some guilible investor who wants to "expand into china" in some bizzare manner.

Thumbs down

thanks for the info, eventhough the link for nowbroadbandtv.com doesnt seem to work ... a guy recently told me that boradband internet connection and cable tv provider is the same in hong kong. is this correct? or do I have to find a provider for internet broadband too?

thanks

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK

The Cable TV guys also provide a cable broadband service which is pumped through their cable plumbing. The Netvigator Broadband Internet people also provide Now Broadband TV service which is pumped through their broadband plumbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering:
    eventhough the link for nowbroadbandtv.com doesnt seem to work ...
    Strange - it works for me.

right, in order to check the fon+internet bundle out ... can someone give me links for that?

lots of thanks

Sky News

We saw Sky news on a package in a Hong Kong hotel, and wondered how we can order it for our new flat in Hong Kong?

We can't find it in any of the standard cable packages.

Thanks in advance for the advice.