Like Tree26Likes

Milk stored at room temperature?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Greenfields is the only milk that comes close to the milk I used to drink back home, but not every park n shop is selling it.

I'm wondering though, what kind of milk do they use in milk tea/coffee at those "cha tsaan teng" ?? oftenly gives me a bad stomache (and no, I'm not lactose intolerant, at least not until I moved to HK...but sometimes I think I am)

Last edited by reprazent; 28-01-2013 at 01:22 AM.

Most likely it is condensed milk.

Sent from my GT-I8150 using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    That is the place in Central isn't it? Popular with FDHs because cheap chocs to take back home.
    Also one in Tuen Mun... popular with me because it sells western brands at knock-down prices! I mainly go for the dried dates, 2kg tubs!

Quote Originally Posted by bibbju:
    California Sunshine, Pura and Meiji all taste like normal milk and appear to be normal milk. I also tried Greenfields the other day and that was ok. I keep well away from all the "milk drink".

I miss English supermarkets and the vast selection of fresh milk.
    American milk like California sunshine are loaded with hormones. FDA's a shockingly high level of acceptance for hormones.

Green fields milk have 'cows' from Australia and its made in Indonesia. There is no regulations on hormones in Indonesia.

Keep drinking these milks and you should have hair growing out of your ears and nose in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    Keep drinking these milks and you should have hair growing out of your ears and nose in no time.
    I already have
    Satay Sue and dumbdonkey like this.

American milk like California sunshine are loaded with hormones. FDA's a shockingly high level of acceptance for hormones.

Green fields milk have 'cows' from Australia and its made in Indonesia. There is no regulations on hormones in Indonesia.

So you don't want your kids to excel in sports, eh?

EU is quite strict on hormones, hence the dutch milk in PriZeMart should be ok.

Condensed milk has a funny taste which is not funny and not suitable for coffee IMHO. Strangely, in McDonalds when you order a cheap coffee you get those little milk packs that contain at least something that looks and taste like milk. But when you order the fresh ground coffee (Tsik Mo) it is usually pre-loaded with the ugly yellowish canned 'milk' stuff. The technical workaround is to order it black and ask for the little milk packs.

Doesn't seem to have done the SSs any harm, been drinking Greenfields since moving to Singapore 4 years ago then here 2 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by bibbju:
    California Sunshine, Pura and Meiji all taste like normal milk and appear to be normal milk. I also tried Greenfields the other day and that was ok. I keep well away from all the "milk drink".
    (
    "Milk drink" is a required label in HK for milk that has anything added or subtracted from it. Hence any type of skimmed milk that has fat removed from it has to be labelled "milk drink".

Ah, thanks jgl, did wonder about that!

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    "Milk drink" is a required label in HK for milk that has anything added or subtracted from it. Hence any type of skimmed milk that has fat removed from it has to be labelled "milk drink".
    That is crazy, putting a 'negative' on something that is healthier.
    Satay Sue likes this.