harbourview horizon - noise from neigbors

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry harbourview horizon - noise from neigbors

I have moved into harbourview horizon for 3 months already, and suffering from the noise from next door and upper unit, my upper neigbors always invite their friends to come over to play from midnight 'til morning in weekends, those noise is so disturbing and I can't even fall asleep at night. Has anyone encounter the same as me?

read the noise ordinance and call the police

(1) Any person who at any time in any domestic premises or public place-

(a) plays or operates any musical or other instrument, including any record or cassette player or radio or television apparatus;
    (b) uses any loud-speaker, megaphone, or other device or instrument for magnifying sound;
    (c) plays any game or engages in any pastime; or
    (d) carries on a trade or business,

the noise of which is a source of annoyance to any person commits an offence.
    (2) Any person who at any time in any domestic premises operates, or causes or permits to be operated, any air-conditioning or ventilating system or part thereof, the noise of which is a source of annoyance to any person commits an offence.
    (3) Any person who at any time in any domestic premises or public place keeps any animal or bird that makes any noise which is a source of annoyance to any person commits an offence.
    (4) Any person who at any time in or near any public place, for the purpose of attracting attention to his goods, wares or trade, makes any noise which is a source of annoyance to any person commits an offence.
    (5) Any person who commits an offence under this section shall be liable to a fine of $10000. (Amended 2 of 1994 s. 9)

Bilingual Laws Information System
    Chapter 400s5

Now, that's info on this forum one can USE.

Quality, not quantity.
    And LESS *wink-wink "oh-how ha-ha funny we are" prolonging this flirty thread...

Well, a while ago, I also experienced ongoing, night after night noise from me upstairs neighbours.

Being "fair", I let them mah-jong, karaoke & scrape chairs (screechingly ) across the floor to their hearts' content... till midnight-ish... BUT when they started extending their wee parties to WEEKDAY small hrs of the morn, was at my wits' end had to call the management, and when they couldn't change anything, finally, the police...

Within 20mins, two coppers went up, knocked on the teenagers' door, and "a word" was had.

Slept obliviously since... Though yeah, once a mth, the young uns still do their joyful song & dance up there, but thank jeez, at a more manageable volume...

Hear ya pain. Hope your situ's solved soon.

I've always thought, reading the laws, that this means construction work (or anything else) carried out inside your building AT ANY TIME cannot disturb you.

But everyone seems to think that from 9 to 6 (or whatever), Monday to Saturday, it's acceptable.

For the record, when I have noisy neighbours, I go over and tell them to (please) be quiet.

Did anyone see the World of Lily Wong a couple of weeks ago dealing with this? Hire some Triads to go speak to them!

Lily Wong cartoon archive

I have already called the front desk immediately when it happened, the talking noise went down, but chairs scraping sound, dice rolling sound (Yes, I can hear that!) still there, so the management can't do anything 'cos it's not really loud noise, but annoying noise to me.... Actually, their walls and ceiling are so thin, I can even hear the clicking sound of turning on/off the light next door. "Cheung Kong" = bad quality of work! But,
    I cannot deny the location is good, the view is good!

Last weekend at 3:30am, I heard their "ush ush" sound, the lady seems so enjoying it.... OMG! no need to pay a cent! It affects my quality of sleep!

Do you heard of anyone has switched the unit and seem ok there?

>> Hire some Triads

Umm. Cops might have a better effect. With the triads, you can never get out of the debts you owe them.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by joey168:
    ...Actually, their walls and ceiling are so thin, I can even hear the clicking sound of turning on/off the light next door...

Last weekend at 3:30am, I heard their "ush ush" sound, the lady seems so enjoying it.... OMG! no need to pay a cent! It affects my quality of sleep! ...
    Hey... audio-record their more noisier nocturnal stirrings, OR better still, your exaggerated, USHing mimicking of 'em at it fast & furious... Then play back LOUD thru open window UP theirs...

See HOW they like it, past 3 in the morning.

>> Hire some Triads
    Haha... I like that, and should play it at their up-unit!

You know, the worst thing is my two-side next door neighors have totally different lifestyle, one night one morning guy, so it's like 24-7!

I hv talked to the management yesterday, they said they can switch unit for me at my next contact month, so they are looking for a quite room right now.

Yeah, I'm living horizon as well. Where I'm at it's actually quite quiet. Sorry to hear that.

Only thing I could complain about is when the place is full of group tours. The check out in the park, and shop is like mosh pit around those times. lol

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast