Like Tree35Likes

what happens to expats if china japan escalates

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Football16:
    Study some history.

Since the end of World War 2, no two have countries have gone to war against each other. Have nations have too much to lose to fight wars.

Also China does not go to war. They let others fight and then when the fighting is done (like in Iraq they get the oil contracts. In the Libya conflict as the NATO forces were bombing China was speaking to both sides within Libya despite the French President saying that this time should not get any oil deals as they don't fight and they don't pay any price.

That's right, but China hasn't had to go to war, nor have they had the capability. That is changing quickly.

It will be very interesting to see how the dynamic changes in the middle east. The US has always maintained some level of stability in the middle east due to it's dependence on their oil. That is now changing. The US is quickly becoming energy independent. The US only imports about 15% of its oil from the gulf region.

The discoveries of American shale gas, Canadian oil sand and Brazilian oil beneath salt beds has made the Americas into the "new Middle East" of the 21st century. In the foreseeable future, it is entirely possible for North and South America to become energy self-sufficient. In other words, the Middle East will no longer be an indispensable source of oil to the United States...

America's role in the Arab is diminishing quickly, and I as an American couldn't be happier. Now it is China's turn to deal with them, as they get over half of their oil from the middle east.

Essentially, China will be the new US in regards to being dependent on Arab oil. All I can say is enjoy and good luck.......
    dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    The US has always maintained some level of stability in the middle east
    Between 2 wars you mean :-)?

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Between 2 wars you mean :-)?

The region still remained stable despite or because of the wars. That is the point. The US has always made sure thier interests (the oil) was maintained. At no time would the US ever let the region implode into chaos. The closest it came was when Saddam invaded Kuwait..but the US put a stop to that immediately.

I think you would agree, the US didn't go after Saddam Hussein because of weapons of mass destruction etc. They went after him because he posed a risk to regional stability. Which in turn threatened the oil. All about Oil in the middle east. The main reason the US supports Isreal is oil...we need a partner over there to maintain stability. If I was Isreal I would be very nervous that the US no longer needs Arab oil....very nervous....

But again, the US is moving past that point and will be energy independent very soon.

It is China's turn to see how much fun it is to be totally reliant on the Arab world for Oil. Good times ahead
    dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by garycyk:
    because CCP had brought a broken ,second hand....so called "aircraft carrier" ?
    Yes, it looks pretty broken.

When the Chinese do something they are methodical and calculated. Especially with a flagship ship like this one. Expect this to be their trial before building bigger and better ones. I expect they will look to equal US military number of 10 within the next 15-20 years.

I think you will be the first one on it's decks when it finally comes to HK.

The region still remained stable despite or because of the wars. That is the point. The US has always made sure thier interests (the oil) was maintained. At no time would the US ever let the region implode into chaos. The closest it came was when Saddam invaded Kuwait..but the US put a stop to that immediately.

I think you would agree, the US didn't go after Saddam Hussein because of weapons of mass destruction etc. They went after him because he posed a risk to regional stability. Which in turn threatened the oil. All about Oil in the middle east. The main reason the US supports Isreal is oil...we need a partner over there to maintain stability. If I was Isreal I would be very nervous that the US no longer needs Arab oil....very nervous....

But again, the US is moving past that point and will be energy independent very soon.

It is China's turn to see how much fun it is to be totally reliant on the Arab world for Oil. Good times ahead
    Do you call what is going on in Syria "stable"? The idea that the US has brought stability to the Middle East is laughable. If anything, the US destabilized everything.

Quote Originally Posted by chris_yang22:
    Do you call what is going on in Syria "stable"? The idea that the US has brought stability to the Middle East is laughable. If anything, the US destabilized everything.
    It hasn't effected the oil markets. Believe me, if things escalated with other countries to the extent global oil distribution would be effected....the US would have aircraft carriers there in a heartbeat.

I don't think you appreciate how volatile that region is....and how the US has helped keep oil flowing there for decades. Now we can hand the torch to china
    dear giant likes this.

It hasn't effected the oil markets. Believe me, if things escalated with other countries to the extent global oil distribution would be effected....the US would have aircraft carriers there in a heartbeat.

I don't think you appreciate how volatile that region is....and how the US has helped keep oil flowing there for decades. Now we can hand the torch to china
    Where do you come up this stuff? This is total garbage. The United States isn't going to hand shit to China, nor has it brought stability to the Middle East. We supported autocratic despots and tyrannies like the Shah of Iran and Saddam Hussein and helped create instability. We're now stuck there, engaged in a decades long insurgency with militants, and even if we manage to extricate ourselves and become "energy independent" will still have people trying to blow us up for decades.
    dear giant likes this.

China is very very shewd and they are happy to play both sides of politics to get ahead. As they are not interested in meddling in other countries politics they won't be invading any country anytime soon and just pick their own fights closer to home.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    China is very very shewd and they are happy to play both sides of politics to get ahead. As they are not interested in meddling in other countries politics they won't be invading any country anytime soon and just pick their own fights closer to home.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using GeoClicks Mobile

True, they would prefer to let others do the heavy lifting, but I think they will find with prosperity, comes responsibilities. With a billion plus people growing more reliant on fossil fuels, they will be forced to engage in the future.

Their appetite for oil ( which will dwarf that of the US) will necessitate their involvement and meddling in other countries.
    dear giant likes this.

True, they would prefer to let others do the heavy lifting, but I think they will find with prosperity, comes responsibilities. With a billion plus people growing more reliant on fossil fuels, they will be forced to engage in the future.

Their appetite for oil ( which will dwarf that of the US) will necessitate their involvement and meddling in other countries.
    So in other words....

The USA is responsible for that predicted out come, and any other country that has invested billions/trillions, off shoring their labour to manufacture cheap large screen TV's and a stack of other wasteful products that are in my opinion priced too cheaply. The American growth model in my opinion is killing this planet. The Americans are the ones that blanket covered the world with their globalisation plan...

I much preferred the world back in the 80's when a decent CD player cost $1000USD, a 27 inch TV cost $2000USD and most mid range hi fi components cost $500US or more a piece. This encouraged people to hold onto what they purchased for long periods of time, due to the large investment upfront.

Now we ( people in general ) just buy crap ( I don't if I can avoid it it, I prefer to pay more for Japanese, American, Australian, or European made products where possible ) but it is increasingly becoming more difficult to do so, it seems most people around the world think it is their god given right, to buy products at such low cost. that low cost wastes fossil fuels and energy.... Over consumption in a nutshell....

I am not a fan of this mentality, and when I look across the border and see so many western companies mandate this stupidity at the expense of their own manufacturing/tech base back home, it makes me sick in the stomach.

How many of you bitching and moaning about Chinaare employed by companies that are directly responsible for China's financial rise, via Investment banking that funded the construction of the many factories, building projetcts etc or who buy products there to on sell abroad etc, which in turn increases wealth amongst their people/nation. This encourages their nation to also CONSUME MORE, so they can buy a bigger house, a car, a luxury yacht, or even a private jet and allows their government to rapidly expand/improve their military capacity, to protect its interest...

Had YOUR/OUR nations not invested a dime in China, it would still be a backward low tech, backwater....

Your/our democratic governments have created this economic behemoth...

Look in the mirror spaz's and point the finger of blame .....
    Last edited by Skyhook; 12-02-2013 at 05:52 PM.