My gf and I have been trying to register for marriage a couple times and we are running in to some roadblocks. I am a U.S citizen, she is a local. The problem resolves around my divorce.

The first time I went there, I showed them a copy of my divorce decree. They did not accept it as it was only a copy, not with the original seal. Ok, my bad. I am currently requesting a certified true copy over (as per their instructions).

The second time, we went to register, I told them that a valid copy is on it's way, but they wanted to see the copy of the decree to make sure that the wording is valid. After they reviewed the decree, This time, they say that a decree is not valid because I need to provide a 'certificate of divorce' and they showed me an example from another state. She did tell me to call my courthouse to get it, and if they do not have it, then I can make a statement under oath to say that my divorce is in fact finalized.

I called the courthouse in my state and confirmed that they do not provide a 'certificate of divorce.' All they had is the same decree that I have.

Does any one have any experience in this? When you got registered for marriage, what docs did you bring? The officer at the courthouse told me that this is all that I need, but I want to make sure that I bring any and all documentation with me, to cover all my basis