Like Tree237Likes

Application for naturalization as a Chinese national

Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33 38 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jersky:
    the new HKID with chinese name added
    And also *** added.

Hi, anyone got approved of their application in recent days? Specifically after June 11. Thanks

I didn't know obtaining a HRP takes so long. Any idea if you can get a long term (5 year?) multiple entry China visa in your current passport and use that to enter China while waiting for your HRP?

I know the passport you got the visa in would be cancelled by that point, so my question is if the visa would still be valid? I know if you have a US visa in an expired passport then the visa remains valid and you do not need to renew it when you renew your passport.

As far as I have read and know, once you become a Chinese citizen your visa is not valid and you need a HRP or one of those other shortterm documents to enter China.

I would think that there is a legal difference between an expired passport (you still maintain previous citizenship) vs cancelled passport. Have not gone down this rabbit hole.

@qhank seems to know the process inside out...

Crankshaft likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankshaft:
    I didn't know obtaining a HRP takes so long. Any idea if you can get a long term (5 year?) multiple entry China visa in your current passport and use that to enter China while waiting for your HRP?

I know the passport you got the visa in would be cancelled by that point, so my question is if the visa would still be valid? I know if you have a US visa in an expired passport then the visa remains valid and you do not need to renew it when you renew your passport.
    Pretty sure visas only stay valid when you get a new passport from the same country... not after you renounce your citizenship from said country.

HRP took overall 3-4 weeks (for Certificate of registered particulars) and then 12-13 working days for the HRP itself. Process was pretty straightforward. I think I read on the CTS site they may have expediting service, or I'm mixing that up with something else / poor translation.
    shri, Crankshaft, PLamHK and 1 others like this.

As far as I know the visa in your passport is not valid. You are a Chinese citizen now, and a Chinese citizen may not enter China on a passport of any kind. Even a HK passport cannot be used for entry. The only valid document is the HRP.

However I believe you can get a one trip pass that you can also apply for at CTS. I don’t know the details of this as I never needed to apply for it, but I think they can be issued quite quickly.

My HRP took a solid six months to be approved. The lady who handled my application said that as long as you don’t hear anything within two months, you’re fine, you just have to wait…

Crankshaft likes this.

Applying for Chinese Nationality in Hong Kong

I'm looking to obtain Chinese nationality, and have filled out the application form and gathered the necessary supporting documents. However, I'm unsure of the next steps in the process and where I need to go from here.

I've tried contacting the relevant authorities, but have been unable to reach anyone by phone or email to get clarity on the next procedures. I'm aware that the Immigration Headquarters has relocated to Tseung Kwan O as of June 11, 2024, but I'm not sure if I need to make an appointment to submit my application and documents, or if I can simply go there in person. Additionally, I'm unclear on any fees I may need to pay as part of the application.

Can anyone provide guidance on the current process for applying for Chinese nationality while residing in Hong Kong? Any information on the specific steps, documentation requirements, and contact details for the Immigration Headquarters would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer.lee:
    Can anyone provide guidance on the current process for applying for Chinese nationality while residing in Hong Kong? Any information on the specific steps, documentation requirements, and contact details for the Immigration Headquarters would be greatly appreciated.
    Follow the steps here:

https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services...html#secondTab

You don't need to make an appointment. Collect all the documents and mail them in with a check and wait for their response.

There is a lot of collective / anecdotal knowledge here.

https://geoexpat.com/forum/thread256190.html

Here's a list of additional documents that they may (and usually do) ask for if you're not ethnic chinese.

https://geoexpat.com/forum/54/thread...ml#post3622541

Please .. continue there .. I'll merge this thread into that one in a little bit.

Just go there in person, no appointment needed. While you can mail your application, if you apply in person they'd talk with you, check your documents and give list of additional documents needed for your case on the spot.
    And they would immediately put your application documents in a structured way they like I think it would facilitate processing of your application. Get prepared to pay the fees from the link shri mentioned.

@GotIt unfortunately requires a trip to the dark side these days

Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33 38 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast