Like Tree36Likes

Most disgusting toilet award goes to....

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:
    Have you seen the toilets in Mogadishu and Madras? You are lucky to get a hole in the ground there.

The toilet the OP is referring to is simply luxurious and so clean I would be happy to eat my meals off it.
    Aha!

The old 'It's worse somewhere else so stop complaining!', trick........

............or, 'Nobody should ever make any effort at all, ever, ever, to improve in any way unless they are the absolute worst in the whole freaking universe'....

That's how I read that bollocks.
    closedcasket likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    Ok Elegiaque, we get it, you hated London. You have to mention that on every post you make?
    Well, when it makes an impression...

I still remember the smell emanating from the men's loos downstairs @ the Central Star Ferry Terminal--and that was from my first week in HK in 2011. Indeed, I can almost still smell it!

Original Post Deleted
    Umm....DeletedUser, you're not really British are you?
    Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lootoo:
    Well, when it makes an impression...

I still remember the smell emanating from the men's loos downstairs @ the Central Star Ferry Terminal--and that was from my first week in HK in 2011. Indeed, I can almost still smell it!
    Nope. Nothing beats the smell of our office toilets in Kuala Lumpur when I lived there. Indeed, the state of the toilets was probably the single most discussed subject in the office!

When it rained, they backed up and used to overflow back over the rim, complete with any contents which had been (not) flushed away. Not only that, because we shared the floor with many KL locals, the floor of the toilet would always be soaking wet so walking in there involved getting wet feet (and on a bad day, wet trouser bottoms as well).

And they STANK. And we had to supply our own toilet paper and soap if we wanted a proper hand wash. It was DISGUSTING. Nope, HK, on balance is toilet heaven compared to many places in Asia - many of them, mostly clean or acceptably clean and always free! The worst thing about HK toilets is the queue (for the ladies anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Incidentally, has anyone seen the gorgeous toilets in the Elements mall at the ICC? There is this one small women's toilet in a sort of hidden location, and it must be the most wonderful, beautiful, cleanest public women's toilet in the world. Hong Kong is indeed the land of extremes!
    You want extremes, then head over to Citygate Outlets in Tung Chung and sit on any loo in any female toilet block, and and count the ones that don't have muddy footprints on the seat or fecal matter spread up the inner lid.

As for public loos in London, you just gotta know where to go.

The most amazing thing in HK is that you can actually go to most 5 stars hotels just to take a piss.I do so regularly at the Peninsula for example. Never been asked anything, just walk in, head for the loo and done.

Fiona in HKG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    The most amazing thing in HK is that you can actually go to most 5 stars hotels just to take a piss.I do so regularly at the Peninsula for example. Never been asked anything, just walk in, head for the loo and done.
    That is a long way to go to take a p!ss...

That toilet is really not bad at all, there are countless worse toilets around HK. The toilets at small clubs are often really bad after a night of getting a smashing by drunk punters.

I always save up my 'deposits' for any time I am nearby a luxury shopping mall* which, in hong kong, is very frequent. Definitely avoid any New Territories toilets in particularly 'local' areas, a key example being the public toilets near Yuen Long library, in which you could train a dung beetle to scuba dive on the job.

The Westrail MTR station toilets are pretty good but standards are slipping. 5 years ago they were perfect, now you need to try 2 or three cubicle doors to get the one without shit on the floor.

*when i say 'nearby' a luxury shopping mall, I should add that I actually enter the mall and find the toilets. I am not the guy shitting on the floor next to gucci.

Last edited by justjoe86; 19-02-2013 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    I always save up my 'deposits' for any time I am nearby a luxury shopping mall*...

*when i say 'nearby' a luxury shopping mall, I should add that I actually enter the mall and find the toilets. I am not the guy shitting on the floor next to gucci.
    So the standing ovation I gave you was for nothing? Dammit, I even lost my seat on the train.