Bah Humbug From Wharf ???

Closed Thread

Bah Humbug From Wharf ???

Just got what I thought was a spoof e mail from the landlords landlord at Harbour City ( Wharf ).
    Don't give the staff Xmas pressies for being nice to you !!

I must defer to their judgement I suppose, being new here and all. In Uk its traditional a) to give the staff pressies ( or bonus if your loaded ) b) for a turkey or a pressy to be met with a smile and thank you with the postie for getting out of bed on cold wet days to give you loads of junk mail. c) give nothing and it was remembered for a decades.

Here it now seems obligatory to NOT give or suffer the death of a thousand cuts. It WAS a really cruely worded circuar !

Perhaps others might care to comment on the BAH Humbug side of Xmas here in otherwise idilic Hong Kong.

FYI
    I still dont understand why my GF went ape when a floozie at a party gave me her card and then gave her a card that was of a different design. It I hadn't been so invibed with a very nice malt sweetened with a fat cuban. The slap round the chops might have hurt. Explinations also welcomed cos whats the beef on different cards !!

Happy Xmas to all ( Unless you work for a Wharf company it seems )

Boris

>> Explinations also welcomed cos whats the beef on different cards !!

One card for the beef and the other for his GF.

Very good answer !!
    Boris