Like Tree27Likes

Gunman on Bowen Road

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Gunman on Bowen Road

An interesting sight today on Bowen Rd. I was running towards Happy Valley when a couple with a baby stopped me to warn that there was a guy with a gun just ahead.

I thanked them and kept going and sure enough about 100m later I go by two skinny asian fellows one of them carrying a fairly large handgun by his side with a finger on the trigger. Didn't really feel like stopping to ask whether it was real or what it was about...

Didn't see any report on the news so I guess it never amounted to anything. I thought I was in the US for a second

dear giant likes this.

Unless they were clearly identified as police how could you possibly not call 999 in that situation?

bryant.english and dear giant like this.

Surprised you didn't collide with them ....

bryant.english likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    Unless they were clearly identified as police how could you possibly not call 999 in that situation?
    I never carry a phone and they didn't bother me so I didn't bother them... That's the HK way

Probably airsoft....

On Bowen Road? And really? You (GillesHK) are quite happy for random apparently armed people to be roaming around Hong Kong so long as they don't actually threaten you directly?

dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    An interesting sight today on Bowen Rd. I was running towards Happy Valley when a couple with a baby stopped me to warn that there was a guy with a gun just ahead.

I thanked them and kept going and sure enough about 100m later I go by two skinny asian fellows one of them carrying a fairly large handgun by his side with a finger on the trigger. Didn't really feel like stopping to ask whether it was real or what it was about...

Didn't see any report on the news so I guess it never amounted to anything. I thought I was in the US for a second

If you were in the US....he would have popped a cap in your arse....

Thank god you like in HK, where you get to live!

Time

What time was it?

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:

dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer:
    What time was it?
    It was about 14:15 near Bowen Drive...
    dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    If you were in the US....he would have popped a cap in your arse....

Thank god you like in HK, where you get to live!
    That's funny, I've spent a lot of time in the US yet I've only been shot at(sort of) once and never got hit. I guess you overestimate your countrymen

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast