Like Tree52Likes

Office politics in HK vs elsewhere

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Quote Originally Posted by cheepo:
    Though my previous employer hired a mainland Chinese who had been in HK for over 10 years or so, and she was the biggest ass licker of the world with the boss, laughing very loudly at his idiotic jokes (he only knew three, and kept repeating these three every two weeks or so, and she always found them hilarious), and various other things. It worked for her: he tried to promote her after a couple of months, well ahead of everybody else, who had been there for a long time. What a cow. I hate her!
    I refer to that famous American philosopher who said, "Don't hate the player, hate the game."

Quote Originally Posted by cheepo:
    Office politics depends on the industry (and I know I am stating the obvious here!). If your productivity can't be "objectively" or "directly" measured, then you will have more office politics. I work in an industry where my productivity can be very "objectively" measured: at the end of the year I have to go to the boss with the list of things I did during the year. So I think there is less office politics in my industry.

Though my previous employer hired a mainland Chinese who had been in HK for over 10 years or so, and she was the biggest ass licker of the world with the boss, laughing very loudly at his idiotic jokes (he only knew three, and kept repeating these three every two weeks or so, and she always found them hilarious), and various other things. It worked for her: he tried to promote her after a couple of months, well ahead of everybody else, who had been there for a long time. What a cow. I hate her!
    Clearly she is good at office politics and you are not.

Don't hate her - learn and improve....

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7