cheapest way to call to new zealand

cheapest way to call to new zealand

hey guys,

I tried to call a friend in New Zealand on his mobile. I'm either dumb or I missed out something. Anyways,I couldn't get through. The line was always dead. And no, my friends had his phone on and was waiting for me to call.
    Is the country code still +64 ? And do I have to type in the 0 before the mobile number as well ? It's so weird I can't get trough and I'm sure I didnt forget the 001 at the beginning.
    And to end : do you guys know any cheap dial prefixes for NZ ?

Thanks a lot

You usually do not need to type in the 0 before the mobile number. Anyways, it does not hurt to try a few combinations. It is unlikely that you will detonate nuclear devices in the South Pacific by dialing a wrong number.

Ive tried every single combination and wanted to ask some kiwis here....

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    It is unlikely that you will detonate nuclear devices in the South Pacific by dialing a wrong number.
    :rofl:

rausch,
    Assume you are not dialing with '+' sign as you mentioned +64... Just kidding..
    BTW, for other cheap carriers you may try New world's IDD 009 or Zone 1511 also has many choices. As i understand, 001 is usually expensive than others (Not sure about NZ rates)....

+ on mobile phones is the international way of getting an overseas call placed.

If you use +, you don't need to worry about the prefix (001 / 002 etc) and get routed out to an international number.

+ on mobile phones is the international way of getting an overseas call placed.
    Not sure about this concept... So how is the charging policy and who charges? Is it a default service available to all mob users or one has to activate it with service provider?
    Thanx...

How about set up Skype yourself and your friend in New Zealand? It's free if both of you have Skype account

It is unlikely that you will detonate nuclear devices in the South Pacific by dialing a wrong number.
    Gave me a good laugh! Thanks!

Well there is a number in new zealand if dialled switches on an affluent pump..... throwing up a few thousand litres of .... you don't wan't to know what.....

and for the number.... NO you can't have it just for fun......