Are power converters a pain to use?

Closed Thread

Are power converters a pain to use?

Thinking of getting a blender from USA (nutribullet) but I would need to get a converter. I heard using a power converter is a pain in the a**, what do you guys think?

I would be using the blender often, 3-4x per week and putting it away after. Heck, I may just leave it there on the counter so I don't have to plug and unplug all the time.

They are very simple to use... no moving parts. A lot of it's going to depend on the power consumption of the blender... if it's more than a hundred or so watts, you're talking about a fairly sizeable converter that's going to take a fair bit of space, constantly generate heat, and consume electricity.

What's the wattage of the blender?

600 watts....

Forget about it then. A converter that will cover that will be the size of a shoebox and burn over 20W constantly. Even if you turned it off when not using the blender, every time you turn it on it'll make a loud "thunking" noise as the coils in it shudder to life (at least, mine does).

Why get a blender from the US- is there something special about it or is it a lot cheaper?

Last edited by jgl; 18-03-2013 at 06:27 PM.

its a bit special... haha