Bug problem....please help

Closed Thread

Bug problem....please help

Hi all,

I'm experiencing a bug problem in my apartment. There are these very small black/brownish bugs very smiliar to fruit flies infesting my bedroom. I have no idea where they are coming from as I usually keep the windows closed in the bedroom. But it could be from the cracks in the AC or maybe even the window itself.

The problem is very recent....at first when I noticed it, I simply killed them all by wiping them away with a wet sponge mixed with bleach. Then a few days later they're back. They seem to bee clinging to the window cracks, ceiling corners and edges. The problem seems to be getting worse each time with more coming back.

Right now they seem to be harmless but regardless it is a real annoyance to see this bugs crawling in the celings and walls.

Here are some pics I managed to take. Can anyone tell me what they are and how to get rid of them.

Name:  bug1.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  30.1 KB

Name:  bug2.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  88.4 KB

Does anyone know if bug infestation is a landlord or tenant problem? I have a baby on the way and I'm very concerned about this. I am thinking of moving if I can break out of the lease.

Please help. Thanks.

Sorry can't help you there, but we had a certain kind of rice-bug a few months ago. I searched the house. Turned out they came from the rice. The whole jar was infested. I'm pretty sure you don't have the exact same bug. Ours were tiny and black with a hard skin.
    They're called rice weevil.

Do u live above a restaurant maybe? They attract bugs easily.

Get some bug bombs and fumigate the place that should kill what's there.

You need to find out where they're coming from and block it.
    Otherwise call the professionals in.

I would relocate them daily into the vacuum cleaner and see if the problems remains.