Like Tree3Likes

Noise - calling police

Noise - calling police

Quick question - people have mentioned calling the police about noisy neighbours, but which number do you call? 999 seems a bit heavy.

People DO call the police, but you can also contact your building management who will visit the flat in question and tell them to keep the noise down. Alternatively, you can contact the EPD:

The 2838 3111 Hotline has been operating since 1986, serving as a focal point for the public to report pollution complaints to the Environmental Protection Department (EPD). In November 1995, the department extended its hotline service to six Local Hotlines to provide even better service to the public, on a more local basis. A 24-hour service is maintained by hotline staff during office hours and by a telephone recording service after office hours.

hullexile : local police station number. Should be published on

The Hong Kong Police - Contact Us

Also, you can go to their "eReport Room"

https://secure1.info.gov.hk/police/e...laintNoise.htm

Thanks for the replies. I have used the management office who spoke to them and have spoken to them directly. Last night I told them if they continued I would call the police so just want to be prepared to follow through. Am I wrong in thinking that playing the piano loudly after 11pm is unreasonable however much I like Pachebel's Canon in D.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

There really is no reason to pussyfoot around.
    Noise after 11pm which disturbs you requires a call to your local police station, who will send around a couple of flatfoots to take down identity card numbers and generally spoil the party.
    Remember that the noise will be disturbing a lot of people most of whom have this thing about siccing cops on their neighbours.
    One more thing after you make the call switch off your phone, as the police will call you to tell you that they have quietened things down.

Or perhaps put it on silent so that you can thank the cops?