Harbourfront Horizon - any Australia Network?

Closed Thread

Harbourfront Horizon - any Australia Network?

Hey,

I live at Harbourfront Horizon in Hung Hom, and am wondering whether any one else is interested in receiving Australia Network. Now that the AFL season has started, I'm really keen to have home access. Watching at the pub with a pint at 11am Saturdays is not a great look.

I checked the Australia Network site, and as far as I can tell, it's a free channel, and is most likely provided free to Harbourfront Horizon. So perhaps it's just a matter of them tuning it in or something.

I asked management last season (also asked whether I could subscribe to Now Sports for EPL), but only got blank looks and some template-style auto email response.

Does anyone know about our cable package? Should we be able to get it? Might they assist if a few more residents are interested? Seems resonable given it's a free channel anyway.

Thanks...

Afl

Hi,
    We arrived last July and stayed in another serviced apartment and for a while we thought we couldn`t get the Australia channel either but we finally found it - we just kept going through all the channels and I think it was 154 or something like that even though there weren`t always channels before that. maybe give that a try before asking management for assistance and yes it is a free channel and you should have no problem whichever service provider they use. BTW the AFL is usually on about 11pm here and during the day but it must be late at the moment while the Super 14`s are on. Wasn`t like that last year though. Hope you can tune in.

The Australia Network is free on Now TV subscriptions. Channel 541.

Last year they replayed the Friday and Saturday night games (at about 11pm), had at least one or two live games at around 12 during Saturday and Sunday and replayed the Sunday afternoon/night game at around 11pm. Or something like that. At least three games, sometimes five.

Carn Pies!

Hey, thanks very much for the info.

Sounds like you both had a similar experience. The only thing is that there's no set-top box or NOW TV hardware in my apartment, it's a centralised system. And I am not sure if my TV even reaches numbers that high (154 or 541), but I'll give it another go tonight.

Thanks again.

Carna Pies!!

Harbourfront does not allow PCCW into its property if I am to belive some of the other posts.

hi gazmario,

coming in a bit late on this one but I have just moved into the HH, desparately want Australian Network and have recieved the same blank looks from the staff. If you're keen to form a lobby group to pester them until they let us have it, I'm in!

Let me know

Dano,

issue has been discussed here
    http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread26086.html

and here
    http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread21901.html

Bottom line is:
    "Sorry cannot, against company policy."
    Harbourfront/ Harbourview do not allow any additional channels and they do not react on petitions by the residents. Sorry

Also, pestering the front desk staff is useless, as they have no authority to decide anything. I have tried on countless occasions. You need to speak to either front desk manager or sales manager and even then your chances are slim.

Hey Dano,

Welcome to HH. Yes, seems like many people would prefer that management were a bit more flexible, but I guess the way they run their business is their choice. Just like it's my choice to move out if I don't like it. I don't have long to go on my lease, so that's pretty much what I'm planning to do.

As far as I'm aware, Australia Network is provided as a totally free channel, so it should simply be a matter of management setting up their in-house system to make it available to us.

I really only need it for the football, and have recently decided that it's probably more enjoyable just to go to the pub and watch it on the big screen with a beer than to have a protracted argument where no amount of sound logic can swing things in my favour.

I did read a couple of posts here from people who have subsrcibed to Now TV without the knowledge of HH management. Maybe you could see how they went with that.

thanks to you both, fazmario and caipiroska,

It seems the HH managment do run the place very much on their terms and with scant regard to delivering improved customer service; despite the front staff being pleasant they clearly have no authority to deviate from the party line. It's a shame as there are many positives to living in the HH but clearly the logic of adding in a free channel from Now to keep residents happy is not one of them! Amen to the footy, I'm happy to go down to the pub but it is also the other shows I am interested in so it may be time to consider another abode or an illegal pay tv line in...

Cheers anyway!
    Dano