Chorizo

jgl

Chorizo

Another thread prompts this question- where's the best chorizo you've found in Hong Kong?

Chorizo is one of my favourite foods, and I haven't been able to find anything *really* top notch in HK. I've tried City Super and Olivers- some of their stuff is good, but not what I'd call great. Are there any speciality Spanish stores about?

I love Chorizo too and get mine from a Portugese food store in Macau, through a friend.

There used to be a Spanish specialty food store in Queens Rd Central. Always heard about it, never been there. Not sure if it still exists. Someone on this forum will know for sure.

Some of the Italian delis like Il Bael Paese ( Caine Road or Queens Rd East) and Viva Italia ( Seymour Road) carry Chorizo sometimes. Not exceptional.

Your other options are to try the other food stores, like Three Sixty at Landmark, Great at Pacific Place, Gourmet at Lee Gardens. Or even try asking at one of the Spanish retaurants - Ole ( Ice House Street), Rico's ( Elgin St), Boca ( Peel St).

fm7

City Super and Great stock two supermarket-quality brands that are OK. Last year City Super had a Spanish products promotional month and brought in a ranger of better quality products, including a wider selection of Chorizo and Morcilla.

I'm from spain, I've never seen any decent chorizo here, apart from the ones I bring. Never seen "Lomo", also all "Jamon Serrano" here are pretty mediocred. The "Serrano Iberico" at Great is marked 400% mark up compared to Spain, even more expensive than a top notch "Jamon de Jabugo 5 Bellotas "

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Have your tried the chorizo/jamon from Classified?

Where / what is Classified?

Quote Originally Posted by Brown_By_Nature:
    Where / what is Classified?
    Classified - The Press Room

Joselito is one of the top brands of Jabugo Ham, but on their menu they have the "Iberico" Ham which is of lower grade. I'm surprised to hear that Joselito make Iberico never seen that.

In Spain Jamon Joselito Jabugo is around 140 Euro per kilo.

fm7

City Super currently have Joselito Lomo and coldmeat Chorizo salamen (as opposed to cooking Chorizo).

I am also from Spain. The best Chorizo Ibérico Bellota I found in HK is at Olala, Star Street, Wan Chai. The brand is MARCOS. They have also another brand that is also OK.
    They also had great big Ibérico hams.