Make a Donation to Victims of the Earthquake and Tsunamis

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Make a Donation to Victims of the Earthquake and Tsunamis

The Hong Kong Red Cross and Oxfam are accepting online donations.

http://www.redcross.org.hk/home.cfm?...pup=0&langid=1

https://www.oxfam.org.hk/form/2004IT015eo.shtml

Other Agencies

# Medecins Sans Frontieres Hong Kong Donate to HSBC account 002-2-398226. Send cheques made out to MSF Hong Kong to: MSF Hong Kong, Shop 5B, Laichikok Bay Garden, 272 Lai King Hill Road, Kowloon. State that donation is for the "December 04 earthquake victims".

# Salvation Army Donation account numbers HSBC 580-149649-001; Bank of China 012-878-1-044486-6; Bank of East Asia 015-515-10-30085-4

# World Vision Donation account numbers HSBC 018-377077-003; Bank of China 012-883-0-002-666-2; Hang Seng Bank 286-364385-005. Send cheques payable to World Vision Hong Kong to: World Vision Hong Kong, Freepost 69. Donate online at www.worldvision.org.hk. There are credit card donation forms on the site, which can be sent to Freepost 69 or faxed to 2394 4844 or 2789 4744.

Charity Night Tonight @ Igors

Charity Night Tonight @ Igors

ok, i've been trying to make a donation for past 30 minutes. keep getting error messages on red cross site and oxfam site doesn't download. when i tried to donate from my hsbc account it asks for payee number and the account number is not what they want, though no other number appears in the chart they've provided. the phone lines are busy. if i'm having this much trouble, certainly others are as well. anyone know someone at these organizations? they should know the donation stream is getting clogged. it'd be such a shame to lose donations because of this. i guess i'll just write a check.just prefer to do something more immediate and with less admin hassle for the charities since their efforts are better spent elsewhere.

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK

I had a few false starts with online donation to Red Cross yesterday, but on the fourth try, this time with a Visa card (other methods and Amex had failed), it went through. You could try ATM too for direct debit instead of the Internet.

Charity Event at Drop Tonight (thurs)

50% of sales will be donated to Tsunami victims

http://www.drophk.com/door.html

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

watch out for scams

Like this email

Dear Sir/Madam,
    With sympathy and heavy laden hearts, we hereby appeal to your sense of generosity to assist by donating any amount you can afford towards The "TSUNAMIS DISASTER HELP FUNDS", which is aimed at assisting the victims of the Asians Tsunamis which took place on Sunday the 26TH December, 2004.

We are a non- governmental charity organisation with offices and members across 5 continents namely Europe, North America, South America, Africa and Asia. Our goal is to assist poor, innocent survivals of both man-made and natural disasters.

Remember before you give, to check out how much the charity uses your donation for fundraising and administration. It is not unusual for some 'charities' to use much more than 50% of the donation on fundraising and administration.

Entry: $80 (Includes one standard drink)

from Dec 31 & Jan1

will be donated to Oxfam towards Tsunami Relief

Life is a game, so come out and play, let your hair down, be yourself and have a whale of a time with the local independent bands. With live music as the common language -- punctuated with outlandish humour, wit and intelligence -- these bands will show you their idea of a simple and happy life, and how to live yours to the fullest.

Featuring: Gayamyan, inLove, Garlum, Hei Wong, UNiXX, Hard Candy, OLIVER, Arho Sunny, MC Snake, Wild Adam and more...

Co-presented by Fringe Club & <89268>

10:30pm, 31 Dec 2004 & 1 Jan 2005

at Fringe Club, 2 Lower Albert Road, Central, HK

Tickets at door. Enquiries: 2521-7251

Lan Kwai Fong - Jan 3rd

LKF Assn

Poor ? No Money ? You can help too !

Tsunami Relief Volunteer
    http://www.ffl.org/html/volunteer.html

Online Donation
    http://www.ffl.org/html/ffl_tsunami_relief.html

Closed Thread